Thread: Face Twitches

Thanks

Talking Face Twitches

(I will be seeing the doctor next week).As some of you may know, I have an aneurysm on the right side of my brain. The last time I was in the hospital, one doctor said to leave it alone because it is small, and another doctor said that I should get it removed. However, my dilema is this: 1. I am afraid to get my brain operated on. 2. Every time I yawn, or strain, or lift something heavy, the left side of my face twitches and freezes. It scares me because I feel like I have "lockface" (you know, something like lockjaw.
    Any suggestions?
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Its the most scariest dilema,but maybe another chat with your Doctor is called for here to reassure whats happening to you right now.
    Remember i told you about my Mam who also has an aneurysm also, in the end even though hers needed another op after her brain hem,well like you in the end she left it and its still there.
    If it helps, i too have face twitches,eye twitches and my famous lip twitch like Elvis.So,is it the aneurysm or the illness? The only one who can confirm this is your doctor as you have to be very careful i think.Oh ive had the lock jar 3 times at christmas for real.
    Give them a call,see what they say.....maybe its not what you think.If it is they are the best people to say.Dont sit in silence worrying as even if it is....doesnt mean a brain op...maybe they could help you another way....but then again remember it may not be the aneurysm.
    Goodluck and im thinking of you.

Love Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thank you AngelOliver. I am going to my Rheumy on Monday (Lord willing), and I have so much to tell her. My feet hurt badly when I stand any lenght of time. The left temple throbs so hard that it feels like it is going to burst. Blah, Blah, Blah. Thanks for replying.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ooh, I'd definitely get the doc's opinion on that and then I may want to get a second opinion. I'd be afraid of brain surgery too. I get twitches but they never lock. That would drive me crazy! (((((Hugs))))

I've got major problems with my feet too. Nothing they've given me for pain ever helps with my feet. If you get relief please let me know what helped.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mrstjscott,

i agree with amanda and abbasgirl, try another conversation with the dr.

Can someone go with you to take notes? I have found that i sometimes get so emotionally caught up in the drs. visit, that it helps to have one of my girls there to take notes....they always remember things that i don't.

i also agree with you....brain surgery would be just too scary...

i also get piercing headaches in my temples...feels like someone is jabbing my temples with an ice pick. My feet seldom make it through the day without hurting...there are so many symptoms that we all share....yuk.
    \
    please let us know what the dr. says on monday.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi Mrstj,

I agree with everyone else you should definitely talk to your doctor again and ask what are the chances that the aneurysm will burst because that is when you can have serious issues. Then asks about all the risks associated with brain surgery, etc... I do hope you get the answers you need so you may make a well informed decision. Whatever happens let us know and we will be here for you. Good luck
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"