Thread: Thinning Nails

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Thinning Nails

Does anyone have this problem?

Recently i have noticed my nails are not growing right.They have big ridges in them and are thin in places.If i press on my nail it feels like ive hit a nerve,like the nail isnt thick enough.
    Also my toe nails are thinning and on one toe,the nail isnt there in the middle and hurts if i tip toe.

Am i just weird?

Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Angel,
    I have experienced this as well. I have never known why they are that way. Mine are very thin at the tips and peel. Could be one of those symptoms that we didn't realize was a side effect of Lupus? Not much help, but I can relate. I try to keep my painted and I use a topcoat called Seche Vite. It's a bit thicker and helps keep the polish on longer. Qtix (spelling might be off) is a nail strengther that I have found helpful as well.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi angel,

everything comes out in your nails and hair so if your flaring it affects them also. when i am flaring bad my nails are thin and don't grow with lots of ridgids.
    my mom is a hairdresser and told me this is what happens to hair and nails when we are sick or taking meds.

have a great day. xoxo
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

Hi Amanda,
    I just posted a note mentioning that very thing. My toenails are falling off. the nailbeds turned a reddish color, and then they started to come loose. 8 toes are affected. So, we're both "weird"!
    Let me know if you get any answers.
    God Bless,
    Deb
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh thanks so much.I though it was just me.Mine are thinning at the bottom where they grow from.So if i press on say my thumb nail OUCH my wor it hurts allot. Thanks Mlockwood for letting know you have this also.Gina i never even thought of the meds and sickness.I knew it messed with your hair but not the nails,thanks for that.OUCH BUnnie thats painful stuff.I have only 1 toe with a part just not growing in the base into the middle and 1 is very painful,so how you cope i dont know.

Thanks everyone
    love Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Im on the "weird wagon" with all of you too!!!!!! My nails are doing all kinds of funky things these days!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette