Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Females with facial hair?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Females with facial hair?

Ok,this is a very personal issue and so embarrassing.BUT i did a silly thing. After being on steriods for my asthma,for a long time,one day i was putting on some make up.The sun hit my face and omg i saw a furry face. I was so shocked i didnt know what to do.At the time i was working and my friend also used to have a furry face also.Now when i say furry, i dont mean im a lady boy,i dont have a full beard or tash just more than usual. So anyway, i asked my friend how she got rid of hers.She told me she has this small shaver thing for ladies.So recently i tried it.NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Can you belive i did this.My top lip on either side now is a little prickly.Im gonna be giving the boys the stubble rash at this point and im soooooooo embarrassed.Ok i have a good sense of humour and deserve all the jokes,i can take it.But aged 39 i need help and fast. Please help me,advise me,get rid of this problem for me soooooooooooon....please please start posting

Love
    Hairy Angel xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi there again! There are so many things you can try. I have some facial hair as well and I use a product from a beauty supply shop. It's Gigi facial hair removal. I am not sure how it will work if you are stubbley (sp) You can always try waxing it at a professional salon, or at least go there and see what they suggest. There is always laser hair removal too.

Thanks

Dearest Harry (er, Hairy),

Prednisone is notorious for unwanted facial hair-even for us ladies. Instead of shaving and getting that nasty stubble, get a facial waxing on those overly hairy spots. The waxing lasts longer and the hair won't be wiry when growing back.

Of course, I don't have any personal experience with this, but I've HEARD this works well (on the face anyway). I've not had any "friends" that have tried this for a hairy tush-perhaps Rob (cough) will be our voice of experience on that particular issue.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

go to a hair salon and get a facial wax. i thinks thats what will work best for you. i am italian and have a mustache lol. i bleach it so the hair stays soft.
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

i've done the waxing thing, although sometimes my skin is too sensitive for that (i.e., the skin comes off WITH the wax)... also have done "threading" (more common in the middle east and india)... and more recently, i've been using a facial epilady.. a little battery powered device that plucks the hair out... it won't get every single last hair out, but it gets enough so that you're not so furry :>)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

OMG thanks so much for the advice i realllllllllllllllllllly appreciate any help.I dont want you to think im the hairy lady from Manchester im laughing as i write this im really not.Just am the 1% who never should have tried it.Its like peach fuzz feeling.Lets put it this way,i wont put cotton wool near my lip as it'll stick to it.....im so embarrassed,but that'll teach me wont it. Now ive not tried waxing as i believe n fear if i start a new tactic i will be braiding my face soon.I am going to sit and think hard at which road im going to go down next.Laser.....who and where do i go for that and is it expensive and is it a one off?
    Again everyone thanks so much.

Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I had my beard and handle bar waxed and also zapped...laser, many times...came back looking like black coarse girlie hair, but without the curl...lol. Prior was peach fuzz, blonde and brown..

My answer, by experience would be no to waxing or laser. Note with laser your hair has to be dark...and if dark skin tone, may leave white spots. When ya wax you will wax for life. I have been doing it for 20 years and it still grows. I use bee's wax.

And before laser treatments you have to let it grow out..then they shave it, not close then zap it. Smells like burnt hair. From the stress of it to my skin, I ended up with nasal Lupus ulcers...it is painful...

I now tweeze the wires and/or use Nair...just on the upper lip and corners of my chinny chin chin. Times wax..

My two bits...
    Love ya ,
    Olu
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thanks Oluwa,

I think i am going to have to leave it to grow and see if i can live with it sparkling in the sun arnt i? I scissored it 2 weeks ago and shouldnt have.My Mam has hid my scissors as i also cut my fringe a little too much too. Its becoming an obsession lol.
    Let me see how i look in a few weeks and decide then.I dont fancy waxing all the time.I have no wires and dont want to have them. You know i had no problems before this.Why did i do it
    The bleach you put on....does it colour the little hairs blonde? Or does it make them fall off? Oh i want to be a little girl again you dont have all this when you are small.I dont like growing up

Thanks again.
    love Amanda.xxxx

Thanks

Let the stubble grow out so it reaches the length to lie flat...lol If your fuzz looks like I think it does, girl it is really only noticeable to you. Well, unless you point it out.

I have my jaw and cheeks covered in the peach fuzz...I've always been cover in fuzz...back, arms...

Bleach can make it too white and more noticeable...I use it too...Jolene Bleach I think it is called...I use that on the brown fuzz. Time it so it does turn orange or white...

Love,
    Olu
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Mine is not really bad, but I wanted to get it waxed, oh boy, I forgot that I bruise real easy. You should have seen me, I looked like somebody sucker punched me. At first it looked like blood under the skin, but then it turned blue. I'll never do that again.

Debbie