Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never give up because.........

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Never give up because.........

aS YOU ALL KNOW I TOOK ILL IN 2004.......they said i had a nervous breakdown and so i lay in bed for months.My hair fell out then they saw it was something other than in my head.Then i was told it was M.E Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Then as the years went by and i was swollen and hurting and my hair had all gone.....i couldnt breath.The doctor said my chest was clear.I began to feel yes it's all in my head.I changed doctors and was told i have severe asthma,which thankfully now after a long struggle is getting under control.My hair grew back. More recently this year got so intimidated by doctors i stopped going.At Christmas i missed all the celebrations as i was in hospital on morphine as i got lock jaw 3 times. I was so desperate,friends had left,i had noone to talk to,i lost all my confidence no self esteem.
    I joined WHL. In such a short time members have helped me through such bad times,dark times,i have been desperate.Even after getting my Lupus label taken off me,ive been so low and was going to give up.Ive been so sick recently,so lonely always the members of WHL always are there and gave me the strength each time to keep going.Even talkking with a doctor for me was a day of doom,i hated it,they never listened.They've yawned at me,been rude to me and many have had the god complex.Each appointment i came away like feeling it was all in my head......members of WHL were always by my side with comforting words and such fab advice.
    This week i wrote on a post saying i was ready to give up and believe its all in my mind.But then members come to my side to give me the right words to say to these men in white coats and bad attitude.Recently i changed Doctors and it was he who diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia,i didnt know i had this.Members continued to give me such kind and caring words even if they were feeling sick that day they were always there.Me who is nobody,me who is afraid of everything and everyone...they were always there.
    Today was my Rheumi appointment. Today i was prepared to fight back as 2004 is along to to wait for meds or help from a doctor.My hair fell out a little more as i woke,but it just made me mad at these doctors,who never made me feel good.
    I went in,spoke confidently,in fact the voice i heard today was a strangers voice yet coming out of my mouth.Felt so good to see the Rheumi actually make eye contact as i told him you are the key to my future health, you will help and listen to me today.I have done allot of research and you know i have insomnia.You say i have Lupus then take it away from me leaving me alone to cope with no meds.THIS STOPS TODAY!!!!!
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY......as i was finally given Plaquenil and on monday will be given Ambien to finally have a good sleep after all these years.Today the rheumi said,i may have Lupus but will not label me just yet.Today i was diagnosed with Sjogrens.
    Today i feel so proud of the members of WHL and thanks them all for helping me be so strong in with the doc today.
    Today is my beginning.Today i get medication to help me sleep and to help me feel better.Thanks you Saysusie for this wonderful site in memory of Louri.Today you all helped ME!!!!
    I just hope as im so allergic to many meds im not allergic to this.I will take it tonight with a smile.Oh it feels good.
    Thanks Oluwa,Noel,Jeanette,Phyllis,Abbasgirl,Rob it was your advice and words that made a difference.

Im so happy i have a few more names and it wasnt in my head. So MEMBERS....never give up....keep fighting.!!!!

Love and a big smile
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Oliver For This Useful Post:

Troy Blair (05-05-2010)

Thanks

I read you post, my eyes brimmed with tears, Amanda. I am so happy finally Plaquenil and Ambien...so proud you stood strong like the woman we know you are inside and out..

Head hugs...body hugs...squuueze...

To your future...Yay!...

Hugs with love,
    Olu aka Turdie
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh Turdie,

Thanks so much for all your advice,i used your words and oh wow,do i feel good right now,even though i feel sick i feel soooooooooo good.

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Oh, you are so much welcomed...you had the words in you all the while. It is when we have been beaten down, feel mistrust we forget I just jiggled ya little bit. It was all you, all you...

Remember ya might get nauseated and headaches from the Plaquenil to start....it should subside within two weeks...eat a bit with it...

Love ya.
    O'Turdie
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Well i already feel sick with the patches,so im hoping i might now realise any difference but thanks i will eat something and drink milk it says.After the fuss i made today im hoping im not allergic cause that would be funny not!!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Amanda,

This is a two way street. I have had days where I just wanted to give up. Life on those days was just too much effort, too much pain, both physical, as well as emotional. So many people here have helped me, and one of those people, is you. You have always, without fail, had the right words, at the right time when I needed them. And I know I am not the only one who feels this way. You give so much.

I remember when you were told that you did not have Lupus. You sent me a message saying that you no longer belong here. I told you that was absolutely not true. Lupus or not, you have become a trusted, and loved friend of so many here. And since this place is also for the friends and family of people with Lupus, you most certainly do belong here. I am thankful every day, that you stayed.

You have found a strength and confidence that I believe was always within you, you just needed help in finding it. Today, your attitude and demeanor is so different from the person I knew when you first joined. You have always been strong in the support of others in need. Today, I see a woman who is also strong in the support and well being of herself.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

oh Rob,

Thanks so much that was so kind of you...so kind.

Love Amanda.xx

Thanks

Amanda,

I am so proud of you. You must be so relieved, finally you have the meds you need. I have been on Ambien since 2001, I take one every night, it's a God send. The first night of sleep, felt like all the Holidays combined into one. I will bet you, that you will feel better in a short time.
    Good for you.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default good luck, friend

i'm so glad you are full of hope and found your voice. i can't stand when doctors forget a.) that this is a person they are dealing with and not an experiment in their own egos and b.) that they aren't the ones who are actually DEALING with the sickness. The first doctor I went to said "oh, you have lupus." and gave me no information on the subject at all!! How cold! Anyway, keep us updated. I'm sending lots of love your way.

Sarah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Thanks so much Debbie.He will only give me 2 weeks supply as they are 'very addictive'' bla bla , but i tell ya if they work and wake up to fireworks you know its me lighting them .If need be i will take 1 then hold on to em like gold.

Thanks also Sarah.Yes they have been so awful with me and i feel sorry for any member who went through what i did cause i did nearly give up.This is the rheumi who said i do have Lupus,but because my bloods say im so healthy lol he wont actually say i have it again so fast.Protocol,but i dont care now,i have meds and now i may have a chance at easing.

Thanks so much for both your support n kind words.
    love Amanda.....who has just swallowed her first pill yipeeeeeeeeee! xxxx