Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MTX Users...Methotrexate

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi widebody,

my dr. and i don't want me to take steroids either. so, after plaquenil did not give me much relief, she added mtx and i have felt better evey since. the mtx has reduced the swelling, so my hands and feet don't hurt like they used to. I still have bad days with them, but it is not constant like it was before the mtx.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi Widebody,
    I can't take steroids, either. They tend to cause AVN. Since I have it without ever taking steroids, I sure would never want to take them and make it even worse. The MTX does have side-effects, but I'm doing OK with it. I hope that it works for you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Just took my second dose of mtx last night (Monday).
    Last week i was pretty much fine on Tuesday, terrible fatigue Weds and Thurs, that never really went away. So, my nurse suggested I bump up the folic acid. I'm now taking about 2 mg/day instead of one.
    Weird thing this week was that I woke up around 2 am feeling 'wired' - like I'd had a gallon of coffee. Hard time getting back to sleep, and woke up before the alarm. I'm not complaining - I'll take increased energy any time!
    No effect yet on joint pain/swelling...but I wouldn't expect that yet.
    Pluses: no nausea (yet) Downside: last week's fatigue, dramatic decrease in my alcohol consumption (ok, maybe that's a good thing )

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Finally i am seeing and improvement with my painfull joints and i think it is from the methotrexate. Bonita