Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTX Users...Methotrexate

Thanks

Default MTX Users...Methotrexate

How much MTX are you using?

What are your side dishes (side effects)?

What symptoms have they helped...lightened, disappeared all together, or haven't?

I have a DRs appointment on the 14,Monday and I am considering switching from Imuran to MTX..

Thank you for all the info...hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi oluwa,

i take a shot once a week. My script says 25 mg/ml. I believe that the 25 mg is the pill dosage....the liquid dosage is 1mm.

side effects (i am not as creative as you, so i can't think of dishes): the day after i can have headaches, stomach cramps, fatigue, flu - like aches. Sometimes they are really bad, but the longer i am on the mtx, the less the side effects. On the following morning, i wake up, and i feel absolutely great and this can last 3 to 5 days.

i just never plan anything for the day after my shot....so, on the days that the effects are less, i actually enjoy a nice day of doing nothing and no one bothers me....tuesday is MY day.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Absolutely great as in ya can run, fly, jump....?

What else do you take Phyllis....supplements or the like...?

Imuran has left me like a cold turd...stiff, hard and dried out..I even look painful.

Does MTX help with fatigue? The yawns? The joint pain? Swelling at the joints? Rashes?

I wanna live.........

Love,
    Oluwa

Thanks

I take 10mg every Sat. evening with food. For 3 months, I would just feel icky, not really bad, just not good. However the last 3 Sundays, I've had killer migraines, the liquids and food just don't stay down. Can't even keep my other meds down. If I take an imitrex with the meth., it cuts the migraine in half, and I can keep water down. Just came from the doctor, he increased the imitrex dose to 50 mg and told me to cut the meth. dose in half. The really weird thing is, I've been having trouble with my left hip joint, anyway that side is the worse of the 2 joints, but since the reaction to the meth. has become so nasty my hip joint has improved exponentially. It just doesn't hurt to get up as much and I only have a little discomfort when I walk. He is running blood tests to see what is going on, the differance in my hip is so great that I don't want to give up the meth. just want to get through that 1 day.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi oluwa,

MTX dosage: 1mm (liquid form) is the equivalent of 25 mg (pill form)...this is the max (according to my rheumy) that a person can take.

i also take plaquenil....when mtx first worked so well for me, my dr. reduced my plaquenil to 200 mg....last week we raised it back up to 400 because i have been struggling lately.

i also take Calcium with vit. d, folic acid - 25 mg, omega 3; and i take a weekly injection of vitamin b. I take Dilaudid for pain, but i don't take unless pain is unbearable.

my dr. started me on a muscle relaxer last week to see if this will help with some of the fibromyalgia pain....this seems to be worse than lupus lately.

i believe that the vit. b shot does the most for my fatigue - i take it on the same night that i take the mtx, so i really can't tell which works best on fatigue, but the combination works.

i am amazed at how much my swelling as gone down....i sometimes look at my feet and sigh "so this is what my feet are supposed to look like"....they had been swollen for so long that i thought that was normal.

oh yeah....thanks for the vision of a dried turd.....i think i will delay cooking dinner.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Thanks, you two...

It might be the answer for me. My ankles are still like balloons filled with water..slosh, slosh...

Hugs with love,
    O.

Thanks

Hi Oluwa,
    I'm only taking .6 cc of the MTX by injection. It seems to help with the joint pain and the fatigue quite a bit. I also notice that the rash on my face gets a bit better for a few days. I'm also taking one pill per day of Plaquenil (any larger dose and I'm stuck in the bathroom all day).
    Jeff makes sure that I take all of my vitamins every day - a multi, folic acid, calcium, glucosamine & condroitin, etc.
    I also take prevacid for the tummy and Allegra for the allergies.
    Good luck with it. I hope that it works for you.
    Marla

Thanks

Thank you...thank you...

I'm off the Imuran and on the MTX. No one mentioned the cantaloupe colored pee....waz up wit dat? Even days later...

7.5mg, pill form for 6 weeks...taking it slow since I had such a reaction to the Imuran. Or is that the norm? Her and I discussed the injection and I opted for the pills. I am also chasing it with 1000mg of folic acid...

BTW how long did ya delay dinner Phyllis..I roared...

Love,
    Oluwa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Bringing this forward for the newbies and laughing at the image of the dried turd and Phyllis and her dinner

How are you today Gator Girl ?xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

And what is your week like after the drug..like Wednesday to Sunday...

Love,
    O.