Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting worse?

Thanks

Default Getting worse?

I have noticed this a few weeks ago and been thinking about it ever since. Every time somebody posts a symptom here, nine times out of ten, I have the same thing. I have already stopped answering most of those posts, because I fear that people here think I am a hypocondriac. But the sad fact is, that I do have alot of new symptoms lately.

dizzyness- me
    skin problems- me
    numbness- me
    muscle twitching and pain- me
    joint pain- meeeeeeee
    dry eyes- me
    dry throat- me
    neck pain- me
    I could go on for ever.
    I am afraid, that this means, that my lupus is getting worse. I still don't have a new rheumy. But my gp is helping me along, until I find one.
    What do you guys think? Does it sound, that I am getting worse?

Debbie

Thanks

We will never think you're a hypochondriac, so please post and respond to posts. Yes you sound very symptomatic. If you are getting worse or not is hard to tell. Sometimes I don't notice something until someone makes me aware of it and then I become more alert to my body and cues. Hope you get a Rheumy soon and your GP eases your worry as much as possible. Feel better
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spanglishqueen View Post
    We will never think you're a hypochondriac, so please post and respond to posts. Yes you sound very symptomatic. If you are getting worse or not is hard to tell. Sometimes I don't notice something until someone makes me aware of it and then I become more alert to my body and cues. Hope you get a Rheumy soon and your GP eases your worry as much as possible. Feel better
    Thank you very much, you have eased my mind. Maybe it is what you say, becoming more aware, when you hear other people describe their symptoms. It is like " oh my God, that is what I have".

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

When i read new posts i feel like yes i have that too. my mind doesn't allow me to be aware of things until i think about it. yes me too. its like we try our best to function everyday we forget what is going on with us unless its reall badd.

you need to go see a rheumy. as soon as possible. you need one doctor for the lupus and gp for little things like the flu or get shots sore throats.

you are not alone. xoxo
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

As you probably well know..there are flares and remissions...you might be in a flare right now. I have noticed this past year I have "new" symptoms but others have quieted, so it's like a game of cat and mouse. Just like the previous posts...we sort of learn to go with the flow and things are happening, but we are so used to them that we don't really notice right away.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Smile Debbie your not alone

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    I have noticed this a few weeks ago and been thinking about it ever since. Every time somebody posts a symptom here, nine times out of ten, I have the same thing. I have already stopped answering most of those posts, because I fear that people here think I am a hypocondriac. But the sad fact is, that I do have alot of new symptoms lately.

dizzyness- me
    skin problems- me
    numbness- me
    muscle twitching and pain- me
    joint pain- meeeeeeee
    dry eyes- me
    dry throat- me
    neck pain- me
    I could go on for ever.
    I am afraid, that this means, that my lupus is getting worse. I still don't have a new rheumy. But my gp is helping me along, until I find one.
    What do you guys think? Does it sound, that I am getting worse?

Debbie
    DEBBIE;you are not alone I feel the same way,more pain,more depressed every day,even if i take my meds.so hang in there we are here for a reason and is to share our pain ,you're not alone!

Thanks

Debbie,
    You are never alone on this site. I know I feel the same way when I read posts too. I think Lupus is like a box of chocolates......when you wake up you never know what you're gonna get!! I always hope for the caramel filled ones.......

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi debbie

I totally understand! I have new problems coming up everyday sometimes several different things. Some I am almost scared to talk to my dr. about, just because there are so many symptoms. I don't want him to think I am some looney that is complaining all the time. I just about dread seeing my gp anymore. I think he thinks nothing is wrong with me. My rheumy knows better but I wish my gp did. My hannds are swollen, also experiencing muscle spasms, having the dry eyes with pain around the eye sockets, my neck is tender to the touch as are my shoulders, my left hand has been twitching, my feet feel tingley, and am having right side rib/chest pain again. I understand where u are coming from, I think we all do. Hang in there! That is what we are all here for
    Take care

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Debbie,

If you see posts like yours everywhere on this forum,you will find me.I have or seem to also have every symptom going. Please never think you are a hypo ever,you are sick!! The reason why members post symptoms is to see if others have them also.I have them all.I know how you feel,but dont feel like a hypo cause you are not my friend.As you can see from all the members here who have posted to you,we all care and all understand you.Just hang in there n keep posting and see me on most of them Im sick also,like everyone else,like you.I hope your Doctor finds you the best rheumi and you get all the help soon that you need.

Love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I hope you could feel that the other posts validate and connect the wired things that you feel - you know? Shouldn't feel like you are a hypocondriact -

With this disease is difficult to know what's connected and what's not! The list of symptoms just goes on and on and so often is not intuitivly related to anything else.

When you post and everyone says "yeah, I feel that too" it validates for all of us that it's probably Lupus related, if there are only a few replies maybe it's not related - like recently I posted about being dizzy - only a couple of replies and doesn't seem directly related or a common symptom, so maybe for me it's sjorgens related or something else.

take care and posta away.
    much love to all my lupie friends -