Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anti-depressants

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default anti-depressants

Has anyone heard of taking anti-depressants for the pain. my internitst gave me them to take at night for inominia and for the pain said it would affect the signals the nerves send for the pain. So i started the pills first two nights was knocked out woke up still in a fog. the third night woke up with headache and still in a fogg. don't want to take these if they don't help. also make me cranky i was told.
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

I was recently prescribed Cymbalta for muscle pain/fatigue and it gave me a NASTY headache. After four days, I stopped the med. Other members of the forum confirmed that anti-depressants are prescribed for fibromyalgia. Instead of Cymbalta, the rheumy gave me prednisone and a med that's usually prescribed for Parkinson's (helps with aches and pains I'm told).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks she wanted to give me that i told her that was too costly and wanted a different one. i going to wait and see what the rheumy says instead.
    Keep Smiling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes Gina many times ive had Amitryptaline for pain and depression and more recently went to the doctor to ask for Ambien and Lunesta for my insomnia.You know he said he'd never heard of them I came away with Trimipramine which help with insomnia,pain and anxiety through the day.
    Now i still dont sleep till hours after the pill is taken,but then when i do sleep and wake,i too have a headache but have a bonus symptom of feeling like ive been out drinking all night then i feel like the depersonalization feeling also.Tomorrow i see the rheumi,like you for me,these pills are making my life unbearable and i am fighting to stay awake in the day.Maybe it helps for some,but not for us.Goodluck.

love Amanda.xxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

you helped. i think that some of the pills they give us treats one thing but causes a lot more bad things. i feel like you said been drinking when i wake up and so so tired it helped with insominia but not the pain at all i think i rather take nothing and deal with it than have these side affects. i want to go home to bed right now but have to work. thanks again xoxox
    Keep Smiling

Thanks

I too was put on amytriptyline (Elavil)..it was a miricle for me..inquire about cutting the dose if you are drooping. I take a very low dose and it is just enough to keep me asleep. Don't give up...adjust it.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i once took cymbalta for fibromyalgia,,,,but my system did not handle well, i felt like i was having a stroke....i took myself off.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I had taken Cymbalta and that really did not go well at all. I'm on Trimipramine now. It's a lot better

Blog Entries
    Thanks

so do they help with the pain or going to sleep. the dr. gave it to me for pain but was so doped up. she said stop taking that and wants me to try a pill in the zoloft family not sure what to do. should i wait an talk to rheumy first.

thanks everyone for your help.
    Keep Smiling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

gina, sweetie,

i don't know what to tell you about the anti-depressents. I have never been able to tolerate them, so my dr. (but, it is my rheumy) is trying muscle relaxers for me to take at night....i am just starting them, so i will have to let you know.

I will tell you that i get all of my meds from my rheumy....i trust her the most, so i just let her prescribe everything.
    Phyllis

share a smile today