Thread: Newly Diagnosed with Lightly Colored Skin Spot

Thanks

Default Newly Diagnosed with Lightly Colored Skin Spot

Just recently (within the previous couple months) my girlfreind has been diagnosed with lupus. This has obviously opened up a pandora's box of questions, concerns, etc... but as for now she has been prescribed and has been taking Prednizone and Cephalexin for the past 3 weeks. She has developed a small skin discoloration about the size of a quarter on the chin. It is lightly colored, kind of a pinkish color... doesn't really look like a rash, just a lack of pigmentation.

The rhuemy said he wasn't sure what could be causing this and he wasn't sure if there was anything that could be done about it either... so I'm asking on here. Has anyone had similar discolorations? Are they a side effect of the meds? Is this cause for concern? and what can be done to treat or minimize the effects of discoloration?

Thanks!
    Nick

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Im so sorry to hear your girlfriend has Lupus,but we will all support you.Many members here have had Lupus for many years and with the help of meds are still here supporting many of us.So please keep logging in as they will help you too.
    Now im wondering if this is the Lupus rash you are describing.I too have a similar discolouration on my cheek and arms. Just hang in there and wait for others to post here who are more knowledgeable as im not too sure.Just know you are not alone and im sending you both gentle hugs.

love
    Amnada.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi nick,

so sorry about your girlfriend, but i am so glad that she has you to help her. It appears that skin discoloration goes along with this beastly illness. Has she seen a dermatologist? I have not been diagnosed with discoid lupus, so i don't know all of the skin issues. My discoloration is happening on my hands and feet, which could be lupus or even Raynauld's syndrome.

It is claimed that Michael jackson began the skin treatments because of the discoloration on his face from lupus. Don't know the facts, but this is what i heard his plastic surgeon say.

keep us posted, we can all learn from each other.
    Phyllis

share a smile today