Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: balance

Thanks

Default balance

always something new and surprising - I am having a balance problem, like tipsy, like I almost want to fall over for no reason. Not dizzy, just a balance thing

Has anyone had this too?
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Karen,
    I have experienced the tipsy feeling when I have a sinus infection (even when it's symptom free aside from the tipsyness) or also when I have had vetigo. It's a horrible feeling to have your world spinning around while you are trying to stand still. Do you have a history of either of these?
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Karen,

Yes i too have this feeling often,in fact have had it on n off since 2004 when i first got sick.I hope you get help for it soon.I do mentin it to my docs but as of yet i have not got help,so i hope your doctor helps you.Let me know.

love Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Sandy -
    I was dxed with sjogren's last week so maybe it's related, though I don't feel like I have sinus problems, no infection or anything, just the eye problems

Amanda - does your dr say it's like what Sandy said, an inner ear infection from sinuses? or is it neurologic?
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I do tell him he never says anything about my dizziness at all.I just live with it.For now anyway.xxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My balance is off. I haven't been treated for it yet though. My Dr. is trying to treat me right now for dizzyness and motion sickness. He told me that it is very hard to diagnose and treat motion sickness and the dizzyness that goes along with it.

Thanks

I definitely have a balance issue...sometimes I just sort of tip over too! I have also had sinus/ear issues in the past which can cause vertigo, but I can tell the difference. There are times my sinus/allergies are fine but I tip over for no apparent reason..I am sure I look drunk...oh well.. my theory..don't look!!lol
    Andrea

Thanks

I've been battling chronic vertigo for longer than I've known I had lupus, but there is no doubt in my mind that the slowly-developing lupus is the cause. Although lupus is different for every person, I suspect that the chronic minor tissue inflammation caused by the over-response of our immune systems is the reason for some of the less important (in most doctors' opinions) symptoms like vertigo, dizziness, malaise, nausea, fatigue, etc. I know that extra NSAIDS (like Aleve or Advil) can actually help me with some of these issues (of course, they also cause upsets stomachs!) which is what leads me to this hypothesis. Also, certain medications (SSRIs, Cymbalta, Lyrica, etc. can cause some strange effects, so check the side effects of any meds you're on.

On a positive note, I like to think of vertigo as a nice reminder that the world actually does revolve around me! Feel free to use that reasoning for yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adsimcik View Post
    On a positive note, I like to think of vertigo as a nice reminder that the world actually does revolve around me! Feel free to use that reasoning for yourself.
    I Love this sentiment, and I probably will use it, too!
    My balance problems and occasional vertigo comes from having Meniere's Syndrome, which I was diagnosed with long before the AI issues. Like you, I'm wondering whether there is a connection.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi adsimcik,

first, welcome to the group. I hope you will continue to contribute your knowledge to our questions.

I will smile next time i have vertigo, because i will remember that the world revolves around me. thanks for the chuckle.
    Phyllis

share a smile today