Thread: New Forum Section?

Thanks

Default New Forum Section?

How 'bout a new forum section "Tests and Procedures," or some such for people to discuss what certain blood tests tell us, etc.? I can't really find a section to post the question I have....

Thanks

If you go to Forums, click on Newly Diagnosed and you'll see three "Stickies" that have frequently asked questions about Lupus criteria and common lab tests and what they mean relative to Lupus. If you don't find the answer about lab tests in one of the Stickies, I would post your question in the Newly Diagnosed Forum. Just my two cents.

Thanks

But, technically, the "Newly Diagnosed" Forum would be for people who are newly diagnosed and their questions. (Things like "My doctor says I have lupus and I don't know what that means," and so on, which, of course, wouldn't really be needed if people used Wikipedia, WebMD, etc.) And, actually, after thinking about it, there's not really a section for "Alternative or Complementary Therapies", either.

Edit: Or a section for "Research," although that sorta fits under News....
    Last edited by adsimcik; 01-04-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The stickies regarding lab tests etc. are placed in "Newly Diagnosed" because they ask questions about them a bit more frequently. However, the information provided is usable and informative regardless of what stage you are in with Lupus.
    Again, if your questions are not answered within those stickies, posting it in any forum will get a response.

We do not have a forum for alternative treatments primarily because we get spammed much too often with snake oil salesmen. You can, however, put the phrase "alternative treatments" in the search bar above and all posts with that term in it will come up.

At any rate, any question that you may have will always be answered, researched and responded to, to the best of our abilities!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I didn't realize that this suggestion would be like kicking a hornet's nest. After all, the main page of the forum says:
    Suggestion Box
    Let us know how we can make this board better. Have an idea for a new forum subject? Let us know about it!

I know how to search and I know how to click "New Posts". I just happen to like organization, and lumping everything into one or two subjects just makes for messy browsing. Think about it: 500 posts in one subject, or 100 posts in each of 5 subjects that are more specific. There's not even a Women's Forum Group (although one could argue that since women are so much more likely to have lupus than us guys, the whole forum is for women....). For a person just finding this site for the first time, having things broken down into more specific topics makes it easier to read through the things most relevant for that person.

BTW, I don't mean quite what you think I mean when I say "Alternative Therapies." I know there's plenty of snake oil salesmen out there. An Alternative and Complementary Therapies section can both be used for debunking, and also for suggestions of things that help that aren't actually medicines (ie. fish oil helps with joint inflammation, a link to websites selling UV filter sleeves for fluorescent lights, a healthy debate about antibiotic therapy, etc.)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

No hornet's nest here. Just simply replies based upon what is currently offered. We take every suggestion seriously. Thank you for making the suggestion and your points are extremely valid. So, now I will submit it to the membership for their opinion and vote. Based upon the majority vote, I will then present it to Conrad.

Thank You Again
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!