Thread: Newbie

Thanks

Default Newbie

Hello everyone...it is so good to find this site.I am new as of this morning but I have been reading some of your letters and repies.Only someone else with SLE can relate to what we go through...combine that with fibromyalgia,osteoarthritis and congestive heart failure and you got a big ole mess. Sometimes it seems like I am all alone in this daily battle but I know better,especially now that I have found you all.I hope to get to know everyone and share the good along with the bad.
    I am fifty four years old,married with four grown children and 12 grandchildren.I have been blessed with a wonderful family!I was diagnosed with SLE 11years ago and have battled the pain and depression every day.I hope I can be of some help to someone just by being here and understanding.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Nana_54 :lol:
    Welcome to our Lupus Community where, I am sure, you will find only supportive, compassionate and understanding people. Most of all, you will find people who understand your issues and who want you to know that you are not alone!!
    Once Again...Welcome, and I hope that we can be of some help to you!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi Nana!

Wow, what a wonderful family you have! They must be a source of joy and pride for you, deservedly. We're about the same age, but I haven't been blessed like you. 2 nephews and a niece, plus a wonderful partner. No kids to add that joy (and sometimes pain) to my life.

You are among friends and people who understand here - we've all felt like we're falling apart at times, depressed at times, in pain at times. Sometimes all at once, sometimes REALLY BAD all at once.

Don't ignore the depression, dear, it may not be "all in your head," - depression is a real and clinical diagnosis. It is a chemical imbalance. For many of us it can be treated with meds - to help us be ourselves again. for others, talking helps - a minister, a counselor - I visit my Employee Assistance Counselor fairly regularly, she's helped me through many many dark days.

I'm so glad you're here and joining us, we all lean on each other and gain strength from each other. Welcome!

Thanks

Default Thank You!

Thank you for the wonderful welcome.I know I am going to enjoy you all very much.You mentioned the depression...I do take meds for it and they seem to help somewhat.We have tried several and have now settled on this one...x crossed fingers.Also I would like to ask if anyone suffers from dizziness?I do and the nausea that goes with it.My doctor doesn't seem to think it is due to the Lupus but has yet to find the cause.

Thanks

I've heard that some people have dizziness from plaquenil, and some think it is from the lupus itself. I'll get light headed from time to time - nothing too serious thank heaven! Years ago I had labrynthitis, THAT was scary dizzy. I took meclizine (spelling?) for quite a while, it was hard to get off of - I was so scared of being dizzy again. If your doc has ruled out medication reactions, ask him to check your ears - as the inner ear controls balance.

Glad you're gettng treatment for the depression - that is a good thing!

Hugs --

Thanks

Default dizziness

Yes, I took plaquenil for several years...but I am not now.I also take the meclizine and it helps.I only take it when the dizziness accures... didn't know it was addictive.I can understand your fear of another bout it is scary and makes you so sick at the time.I have had my ears tested and doctors said they were fine.My guess is the Lupus since we both have been troubled with it...hugs to you this morning and hope you have a wonderful day!

Thanks

Hi Nana and welcome.

About dizziness - I have iron deficient amemia with my Lupus and when it's out of control, I get horrible dizzy/lightheaded spells and have even fallen a few times because of it. But luckily, its a type of anemia that's easy to manage and within a few days of starting my iron supplements again, I'm okay. Maybe you might get checked out for a similar problem. i don't know when the last time you had bloodwork was, but it's just a thought.