Thread: Hi everyone! New issue. . .

Thanks

Default Hi everyone! New issue. . .

It seems like every other minute I'm experiencing something new. Over the past week, I've vomitted three times after eating. What I ate the 1st time was hamburgers. I experienced extreme abdominal pain about an hour after eating them. Then, I vomitted. I ate taco bell (nachos & a chicken quesadilla) and experienced the same abdominal pain and vomitted an hour later. I can't remember what I ate the third time but the same thing happened. Yesterday, I ate subway. I didn't vomit but I experienced the abdominal pain. There's no chance I can be pregnant. At all. I thought the hamburger incident was food poisoning. But, when it happened the 2nd time and then a third time, I realized it wasn't. I started googling yesterday and came up with Celiac Disease. I scheduled an appointment w/a gastroenterologist yesterday. Does anyone else have this condition? I'm also curious to see what you guys think and the possibility of me having it. I've read that if I do have it, a gluten free diet is the best treatment. I decided to stay away from anything w/gluten & see how I feel until my appointment. Thanks in advance for replies!

p.s. I hope everyone is feeling as good as can be expected.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yes I have the same problem only when eating certain foods, my dr says I have IBS which I tend to disagree with her... mine started with chicken, then went to grain, (corn meal grits,ect.) I tried the gulten free diet, and fodd that did not help me, Maybe it will help you... I spent many months studying the backs of food cartons and lables to see what was in every thing... I now have a list a mile long of things I can not eat....I often say the list of things I can eat is shorter... As time progresses I find that there is more and more that I can not eat and I add to the list... It is so derpessing some times... but the pain I was having was effecting my everyday life to the point where I could not eat without the pain and thowing up (well I want go there)

In one month I lost over 60 lbs had to go to the hospital... it was awfull... I am very careful as to what I eat, drink ect.... I get to the point to where I want to give up eating all together because it makes me so sick... I do however take medication called dicyclomine for it but it usually don't work but it works better than all the rest of the medicnes I have tried and I have tried alot of them....

I have been battleing this for many years every since I was a kid...

hope the dr will have some answers for you about it... and just start making a list of what you are eating and what effects it has on you that should help the dr more...

take care
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

Sometimes I think my stomach problems are partially from all the medicines I take. I'm not suggesting that is where your problems stem from. Right now, I'm on plaquenil, diclofenic, methotrexate, thyroid medicine, high blood pressure, zyrtec (for the skin rashes), prempro (to help prevent osteosporsis), not to mention all the doggone supplements for body maintenance. I get nauseous just thinking about it. I hope you can find a solution, vomiting stinks, stomach cramps, sore muscles just from dry heaving, and all that other fun stuff.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi wantitgone,

i don't have issues with vomiting, but i do try to avoid stomach cramping with my diet....i don't eat acidic foods, and i try to avoid any preservatives....

i am glad you are going to dr.....i hope they can find out what is wrong.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi,

I don't have the vomiting issues, but I do have celiac. Well, one test showed 'gluten intolerance' and one showed celiac. Which all meant in the end that I have to go on a gluten-free diet, and I've been on it for about 2 years now.

When I eat anything with gluten, I get bad abdominal cramps and my stomach literally sticks out as if I've gained 20 pounds right there in my belly. I cheated last week to have cake for my dad's birthday (and it's also my favorite cake in the world) and I was sooooo sick.

When you go to the doctor, be sure to mention that you've been eating gluten-free, if that's what you're doing now. If you have the test, and there's no gluten to interact with the test, there is no way of knowing if you have celiac or an intolerance. In fact, I was told to eat a LOT of gluten products the day before a test to be sure it would be a valid test.

Hope you are able to get some answers soon!
    Love...faith...joy...hope...strength...
    Lupus, you have no chance!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl
    (mom to my little Chihuahua, Brandi)

Diagnosed with SLE, Sjogren's, Reynaud's, Celiac, and arthritis November 2006.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have you had your gallbladder checked? that kind of symptoms following a high fat diet can indicate gall bladder issues
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi WantitGone,

How are you feeling? Did you ever fo to the dr? What did they say? Are you still vomiting?

Hope you are feeling better.

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had problems like that a few years back! I couldn't keep down anything I ate! I saw my doctor and they did an endoscopy and told me I had really bad acid reflux disease. Dr. put me on Nexium and for the most part I am symptom free, occasional heartburn but not the nausea or vomiting I had. prilosec otc might help also. Nexium worked for me! Thank God! I know it really sucks to throw up everything you eat all the time. You could talk to your dr. about acid reflux being the culprit! Hope this helps you! Not trying to give medical advice just telling you what they found for me and what worked for me. Take care hope you resolve this soon!
    Dx. SLE June 2009

♪ Jen ♪

Thanks

How are you doing, WantItGone? I had similar problems and it turned out to be my gallbladder. There are so many things it could be. I hope you get an answer soon.

Thanks

Smile

hi want it gone yes i have cielacs disease i am gluten free diet and sometimes it is hard and you have relapses i vomit and have diaroreah and severe stomach cramps. i had to have bloodtest and biopsy to confirm. i also had gallstones at the age of 21 and had to have gallbladder removed . it could be either one of these problems also if you are on mexotrexate or folic acid it also causes these problems i am sick 3 day after taking both those medications i was told by my rhuemi that gallbladder disease as well as gluten intolerance and irritable bowel can all be linked to lupus. i hope you get results soon i have to take maxolon for nausea and buscopan for cramps and imodiums for going to the toilet. i wish you well please let us know how you are hugs kim l