Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: piched nerve

Thanks

Unhappy piched nerve

I think I have a pinched nerve effecting my left leg, pretty sure that is what it is.

Anyone got any ideas for some relief, please. Started a few hours ago, not sure what caused it. I took motrin and propped the leg. Nothing, no relief. I thought to get a shower, but standing too long hurts. Thought a hot bath, but bending and its pressue may be too much. Also afraid once in tub, might be to hard to get back out.

I have no money to go to docs. I'm on MTX, but been on it for 2mths now with little side effects. Sure that's not it, it reduces swelling from happening. That's the other thing, feels fat and swollen. Looks only mildly puffy, makes no since.

Driving me crazy and so want some relief, please help with any advice. Feels like walking on one fat leg and foot, ouch.

Thanks for reading, CV
    Cheryl

Thanks

Where is it pinched, CV? Numb? Any electrical type shocks? Woke up like that or injury to where? The entire leg..?

Let me know and I can suggest a few things..like stretching it out, anything stronger than Tylenol in the house to help with nerve pain? Heating pad or ice packs...

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Its the whole leg. Most of the pressure pain is behind the knee and runs up to bottom of my behind. I already have bone spurs in my left heel, its making the heel hot and throbbing with new kind of pain when I step down. Deeper pain I can feel up to back of calf.

I do not know what I did. Was walking around tending to kids and things, noticed back thigh starting to hurt and feel some pressure. By an hour later it was the whole leg, could feel the tenden that runs the back of the leg. Almost feel nothing but that tenden. It tingles, numb and pain. Propping causes some relief, but yet more pain. Confusing. Nothing stronger than tylenol, and rhuemy said none of that due to MTX. It effects liver too, so stay away.

Its better this morning, but gettting worse as I go about my day doing things.

This is driving me crazy, first fat fingers from them swelling and now this. I can handle fingers, but I need to move. Work to do and kids to care for, plus yard work job tomorrow. Also sitting pain is worse than moving pain, got to keep going. Does that make since?

Thanks for any help,
    ................CV
    Cheryl

Thanks

I am thinking maybe your sciatic nerve....does it hurt right in the indentation of your hinder, buttock cheek. The hip joint area?

I have sciatica from my failed back surgeries. How I stretch mine out is I lay on the floor...like a T...legs straight.. arms out and straight. Then I take the affected leg bend the knee and bring knee across the opposite thigh. You rotate a bit at the waist and try to touch the knee on the floor...well not touch but to give you the idea to stretch.

Or you don't have to bend the knee but reach your leg across the other and touch the floor with the toe....

Try heat not cold compresses...or heating pad..and take the Tylenol.

Hope it helps...

Love,
    O.

Thanks

Thanks

thanks Oh

took the tylenol and tried the stretches. hard, but will keep at it. come to think of it, I do feel it up in the behind. my hip joints slip slightly from time to time, didn't think about it possibly pinching the nerve. Has happened before, just never this bad. thanks again.............CV

thanks for the site, kept it in favs to remember the strerches. they look good for just stretching for daily use of legs and back.
    Cheryl

Thanks

fellow back sufferer...still have some issues after back surgery but had a pinched nerve. I curl up on the floor..knees and shins flat on floor...head down like you are going to do a forward roll. It opens all the vertebrae and takes off some pressure. Start very slowwwly and only go as far as you can at first. I was also instructed to stand/put hands on back of hips to support lower back and arch slightly..it hurts like hell but after repeated exercise, it can relieve some of the pain..hope you get some relief.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default pinch nerve

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl_v View Post
    I think I have a pinched nerve effecting my left leg, pretty sure that is what it is.

Anyone got any ideas for some relief, please. Started a few hours ago, not sure what caused it. I took motrin and propped the leg. Nothing, no relief. I thought to get a shower, but standing too long hurts. Thought a hot bath, but bending and its pressue may be too much. Also afraid once in tub, might be to hard to get back out.

I have no money to go to docs. I'm on MTX, but been on it for 2mths now with little side effects. Sure that's not it, it reduces swelling from happening. That's the other thing, feels fat and swollen. Looks only mildly puffy, makes no since.

Driving me crazy and so want some relief, please help with any advice. Feels like walking on one fat leg and foot, ouch.

Thanks for reading, CV
    same thing hapend to miss the begining of these week,if inside of your butt is not the sciatica dat can hurt and inmovilized you,but in my case i suffer from fibromyalgia to so my nerves and muscles always stiff,try puting on the area ice will help with the swelling and rest ,is the best thing you can do when we feel like these ,i been suffering from all these issues for few years and believe sometimes my life is at my bed,so dont give up!hang in there

Thanks

sorry pandagirl, I'll do that. sorry you have back pain. so much to handle.

thanks du, I have fibro too. this is new, never had whole leg effected. sorry you have to deal with this too.

hope we all get some relief, soon..............CV
    Cheryl

Thanks

I am so sorry you are in so much pain! That has to be tough, especially when you have to get up and move around to run after kiddies. I wish I was there to run after them for you Keep your chin up and try to relax. I am sending you peaceful thoughts and giant soft hugs

Oluwa, you are the best and always can help whoever needs it! I am so happy we are blessed with you right here!!!!!!!!!! I hope this finds you will and comfy on the couch relaxing
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram