Thread: Episcleritis now?

Thanks

Default Episcleritis now?

Man, I don't know what the heck is going on!!!! SORRY, I haven't been posting much, but things just seem to be escalating out of control!!! I'm sitting her in tears cause I'm tired of this darn headache, and now my eye hurts, along with everything else! What to do? Tried to talk to my hubby today, and he just kept changing the subject...bothered me a bit. After 25 years, I thought he would be a bit more supportive, but he says he doesn't know what to say. He doesn't want to know (my interpretation), or says he doesn't want things to be like this (his words). Again, what to do???? I'm so very frustrated and angry and sad and????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll probably delete this post later, but had to say it now. SORRY!!!!!!

Colleen

Thanks

Hang in there!! I too am married to "the great communicator"...he always knows just what to not say...lol. He also has the attitude like... what he says can't help anyway. I think he can't handle seeing me in pain or miserable or cranky. Anyone who doesn't have it..doesn't get it.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im sorry yu are in pain and have no one to support you right now.Dont let it upset you that your husband doesnt seem to understand,he's probably so worried but does not have the answers for you right now. Please call your doctor.You may have a migrane im not too sure,but you need to call the doctor as he WILL have the answer and help you so need right now.Please dont delete this post either as others will identify with this and it will help others to know others go through the same as you. With me,when im i pain i go to my Mam.She too either watched the telly or just says oh it;ll pass....so not what i need to hear at the time.I know she cares,but what can she do? Please know we care and you must get help.Let us know if you feel better or called the doc.

love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks Andrea and Amanda. I'm feeling a bit more calm about things today. My headache is still there, but not too bad yet. I did see an optometrist yesterday, who let me know that I have episcleritis in my right eye. He wants me to keep track of when and how long I have it, since it seems to bother me about once a month or more. I'm to revisit him if it doesn't go away by Tuesday and he will consider further treatment. My eye is worse today to the point where it hurts to move it, but that usually goes away within a few days, so, hopefully?!?!?!

Like you Amanda, I usually talk to my Mom, or my brother. They just listen to me, and sometimes offer advice, but more often than not just listen and ask the occasional question. Sometimes, that's all I need.

I know my husband does indeed care, and I know he's pretty frustrated right now too. He's just gone through a bunch of tests himself, so we've been pretty much concentrating on that. The doc's pretty sure that he has developed more severe allergies, which is causing him all sorts of trouble, but have tested his heart just to rule that out. Of course, after failing his first stress test, we were both worried, but they think it was a false result so did some further testing. We'll find out on Tuesday what the results of those tests were.

Also, I have been to see the doctor, and he gave me medication for the headaches, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I have an appointment for the 14th with my family doctor, but don't see the rheumy til Oct. 30th.

I did have an abdominal ultrasound this morning, but that was ordered before all of this stuff started, so I'm not sure that is related at all. My right side under my ribs feels uncomfortable, and I'm not sure what that's about, but was the reason for the ultrasound.

Well, enough of all of that. I wish for all of you to have a fantastic day, and will try to think more positive myself.

Thanks for listening,

Colleen