Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got dissed by a friend

Thanks

Default Just got dissed by a friend

Hey Yall,

Sorry fam, I had to vent on here. But my friend for two years decides I guess that he doesn't understand me or my disease. Now I have told him everything and he seemed to be very understanding very cool individual.

But today when I told him that I had mono and was very tired he was just like I don't understand why u are so sick all the time. I think something else is up. He starts questioning me as if to say I had a STD or that I was dying. He didnt understand why my kidneys were weak. All this stuff and he says this has been on my mind for awhile. WTF???

I was like I thought u understod the disease and my other diseases where did this come from? My immune system is weak and I always catch viruses and bacteria everything.

Well fam I guess friends just don't understand. I think I'm getn rid of him as a friend and won't share anything else. I trusted this person with info and now im thinking not anymore......it sucks cuz I don't have many friends left and my feelings are def. hurt.

xoxoxo

neL

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nel,

I am sorry to hear that you had such a hurtful experience from a friend. I know I have dealt with this too and I think most of us on here have so we can empathize with that feeling of hurt and betrayel that comes with your friends behavior. One way I have found to really help some of my friends and family to understand this better is by using The Spoon Theory. I don't know if you are familiar with it, but I am attaching the link here for you. http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/na...poonTheory.pdf
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Thanks Sandy yes I have read the Spoon Theory and I like it a lot. I should def. pass it along

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi jcg196,

oh, i am so sorry that you got hurt by your friend's words. there are so many of us here who know exactly what you are talking about, because we have experienced the hurt of loosing friends.

my words to you are that dear friends are gifts of life, and it hurts so much when you feel that you have been deceived or abandoned by a friend. I am so sorry that you are dealing with this hurt.

some times people in our lives just can't deal with our illness, and they use different reasons and techniques, but these people usually choose to walk.

My fellow in life and i have been together for 15 years....10 of which i have been very sick. I used to be a trainer for body builders, and now i sit on the couch. He has been in and out of my life, and i have been hurt many times by his words.

If this friend is important to you, you might want to consider a sit-down, adult conversation explaining what your future might be, that you need a good team, and that you understand if they aren't up to the challenge. If the friend walks, i know you will hurt, but at least you will be weeding out the weak people in your life....you need really strong people who will walk beside you even if you are having to use a cane.

there, i have vented and preached enough....again, i am so sorry and i hope this all works out very soon.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Not very nice!!! A 'true' friend would be understanding...no matter what. If you feel strongly about this person face it head on....otherwise...let them go. Sometimes in life it is a very hard thing we have to do, but if they can't be supportive...cut'm loose.
    Andrea

Thanks

Mountaindreamer thanks so much for sharing. Maybe he was just having a bad day. I will have a sit down with him. I wish you the best of luck with your friend too.

And you are right about the team thing, he was apart of my team and if he does wanna walk as much as it will stink I will just let him. I need positivity in my life.

Thanks again!

Thanks

Nel...that stinks. I wouldn't let things go without at least trying to hear his side of the story. I mean, even my loving husband had a hard time wrapping his mind around Lupus and all the craziness that goes along with it!! Best of luck to you...if he keeps it up, cut him lose. Life is too short for crap!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

LOL hahaha Amen to that Carrie

Thanks

Default we know the feeling

My wifes family still treat her as if she has the plague or something they could catch she was in the hospital 45 days and i had to beg her sister to stay one day so i could go home and wash clothes ,her dad,brothers,sister,grandparents and all its like some backwoods bunch of hillbillys who are afraid of the unknown but as i told them they set the precedence so dont expect no sympathy from me cause i dont have any after the way they treated her i dont speak to any of them and i think that bugs the crap out of them that i dont need them or care what they think as i told them they dont sign my checks or pay my bills so who needs em....life is to short to be aggravated by ignorant people

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im sorry your friend acted this way towards you.Many of us here have been through very similar.Its so painful when we realise our friends just do not understand us.I also have lost many a friend just because i am sick.I am left with 2 who i dont see very often now,maybe 3 times a year from every other week.After time,its not as painful to me now.I hope you decide what is better for you.I know i can come here when i need a friend,so always remember that also.

love n hugs Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx