Thread: skin spots ???

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default skin spots ???

I have some questions.... I understand that lupus can cause skin rashes....about 7 years ago my oldest son developed what looked look lepard(sp) spots... it was on his neck chest back and arms.... it lasted 7 years... It did not itch or any thing and they were brown in color and went away on there own.... no one knew what they were.... here about a year ago I developed the same thing.... covering my neck... little brown spots...there were about 2o to start with but now there are more.... they are only on my neck at this point...

Now my son has never been sick or had anything wrong with him other than the strange spots... but since I have them i was wondering if it were lupus related.... but my son having them confused me....

I have looked a pics of people with lupus spots and can not tell.... I tired to take a pic but it did not come out good...couldn't tell....

they are just brownish red circles. they are not raised. they do not hurt and do not itch and they go away on there own... but they stay for years and are very ugly...

any thoughts
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

My daughter would get the same kind of spots that would last for months and months and then go away. They did not itch or burn. Her doctors said that it was some type of fungal disorder that could, or could not, be related to her lupus (useless information - lol). They gave her some sort of anti-biotic cream that did not help much.
    With her, I noticed that when she went swimming, the spots would clear up a bit. So, she started using a dilution of water and bleach on the spots and eventually they went away and never came back.
    I'm not sure if these are the same as the spots that you and your son have, but it sounds a bit similar!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi leeann,

i too have some strange skin spots, but i don't know if they are the same....mine too come and go, they are brown and pink, and mostly on my feet and hands. I have this weird section of my back that has brown discoloration, but i don't know if it is lupus related.

I go to a dermatologist tomorrow, and i will let you know if i find out anything....i expect to just see the dr. shrug her shoulders and say "probably your lupus"....yuk, hate those words.
    Phyllis

share a smile today