Thread: A positive outlook

Thanks

Default A positive outlook

I know many of you might not relate to this, but I just wanted to give a different outlook. I am thankful to God for everything in my life, including my health. I know it could be better but I also know it will get better. I'm thankful I found out I had this disease when I did, my doctors said that if I had waited any longer- I could have died due to my rapid loss of kidney function. Thankfully, God has put a team of wonderful Doctors who have helped me with my pain and restore the function. I look in the mirror and I look awful! But I still feel so good inside. I hate my stretch marks and my feet had gotten so swollen that I now have stretch marks on them- but I can't help but smile and laugh because I'm so happy and lucky to be alive. My hair started falling out today and I'm looking forward to wearing all kinds of wigs. The point is, I know we're all going through hard times- but if you take my alternative, which is the optimistic one, it is so much easier to live with this. Being depressed only hurts you more, in fact stress can make Lupus worsen. I thought I'd share what it is that makes me live with this disease so comfortably, and that is two things- my complete faith in God and my optimisn.
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Thanks

Isn't it great that we can put out trust in God? Praise Him for His love and faithfulness!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Very well said and so very true !!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Faith in Jesus, my family, my wonderful hubby, good friends... better to count your blessings than to dwell on the pain! Absolutely true,
    Thanks for the reminder that we all need sometimes,
    Deb
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

Thanks

Default Being positive.

Hey. Ill admit ive found it very tough staying positive during everything. On top of everything I have a shocking moon face which never helps the positive attitude stay around for long lol. But its true you do feel better when you manage to be positive. Other good news is that new treatments for SLE are well on the way through trials at the moment. Im confident of more helpful treatment for SLE to come our way before too long.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I thank God every day for the lives of my family and pray for each of them i have a regular prayer list each morning and i have added my lupus family to it. God is in control of everything and sometimes we do not get answers for what happens but there is always a reason behind everything God allows. Love and prayers Bonita

Thanks

Hi Elly,

It was lovely to read what you put although you've been through such a lot and i always think it's nice to hear such a positive out put, good one mate and keep thinking that way strongly.

Terri x