Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Thanks

Default Hello

My name is Ely. I obviously have Lupus, systematic. I was diagnosed with it about a month and a half ago, but the symptoms began 2 months ago. I'm eighteen...apperantly it was pretty aggressive, but I feel good now. My Lupus caused problems in my kidneys, lungs, and heart...but everything is good now, my kidneys are still kinda crappy but I'm confident they'll also get better. Anyhow, everyone, stay strong. If you have any questions, do ask!

Oh, and today my hair started falling off...alot...but surprisingly I'm not upset.
    Last edited by ElyMiller000; 08-31-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Thanks

Hi Ely! Welcome! I'm glad to hear that things are better for you! I have great admiration for you - such a strong person with a faith in God. I am no where as bad as you've had it but I'm still struggling. See you around the forum!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi ely,

welcome to the group....i am so glad that you have found us, we are always available to help each other learn how to live with lupus.

i am so glad that you are doing better now....i hope your kidneys improve very soon.

we have several members who are about your age, and i am sure they will be along very soon to welcome you....
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hello n welcome Ely,

Hope today is a good day for you and you did something nice or just rested.Everyone here are lovely and very caring.Sorry you have been diagnosed with Lupus but glad your body is healing a little may it continue, and hope your kidneys ease up too.Sorry your hair is falling out,but so glad its not upset you too much.My hair fell out like many here and it will hopefully grow back,mine did.Today is pig tail day aged 39...no way am i ever gonna grow up

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Talking Hello and Welcome Ely

I am glad that you found us . I am also glad to hear that your Lupus seems to be manageable right now. I hope that it remains that way. Are you also taking precautions in order to avoid flare-ups? Avoid the sun as much as possible. If you must be in the sun, make sure that you use sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 35 and that blocks UVA as well as UVB rays. Wear lightweight clothing that covers your entire body, and always a hat and sunglasses.
    Make sure that you get plenty of rest while also maintaining a regular exercise routine. Eat healthy, reduce or eliminate red meats, reduce dairy, avoid alfalfa, and eat vegetables (avoiding legumes) and fruit.
    Very important, try to avoid undue stress. We, here at WHL, are here to help you in any way that we can. Come to us to vent, question, assist, or just to have fun. Check out our "Arcade", it has been a life saver in distracting us from our aches and pains. Also, there is a "Teens Forum" here where you can meet and share with other members in your age group.
    Your hair loss is a common symptoms of Lupus. Don't worry, once your symptoms are treated and start to be eliminated, your hair will grow back. You did not mention what meds you are on. Are you taking Plaquenil? Prednisone? any NSAIDs?
    I want to welcome you again and want you to know that you are not alone. We are here for you!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I'm taking prednisone and Cytoxan
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Thanks

Hi Ely welcome to the site!!

Thanks

Hi Ely,
    Welcome for another Texan. There is a number of members all over the state. I'm down on the coast just north of C.C. What part of the state do you live.

I love your attitude keep it up.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Thanks

Hey Ely! Welcome!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your avatar...too awesome. Glad you found us...hope all is well for you today!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."

Thanks

I live in Live Oak, its outside of San Antonio.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.