Thread: disability

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default disability

Hello all. My rheumy told me to file for disability in March, I just received my denial thursday , went to a lawyer friday. Lawyer says he wants to get me approved from 2001 which is when my symptoms first started, I got diagnosed with sle in 2006,anyone know what the chances are of me getting backpay from that long ago???

Thanks

Hi Shannon,

Is this Social Security or something thru long term disability? I am not sure I think they only go back a year...but I am not sure. I am applying for social security currently.

Take care!!

neL

Thanks

Default disability

It is through social security, I know the lawyer said SSI only pays from the time you apply

Thanks

I appealed in December and still waiting for hearing before judge. Attorney thought it would be already heard by now. Frustrating as it is increasingly painful each day as well as financially tough.

I can only pray it goes through; otherwise I don't know what I will do. My 12 year old even asked, I didn't think he even knew of disability, asked me why I wasn't on disability as I am in so much pain every day. I don't know how much longer I can last working part time 3.0 hrs per day. I wake up to leg spasms at 5:00 am every morning; hubby gets me into hot bathtub and I soak for two hours and struggle to go to work. I have worked all my life; why is it so hard for those of us whom have worked since we were 14?

I guess I am clueless.

Take care,

Faith

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good luck with your hearing.I go to mine on the 12th.So stressful all this and so unfair.I hope you get it.Also,have you tried Robaxin for the spams? I had terrible leg n foot spasms n really awful cramping,since taking the pills they have eased up allot.Just a thought.

Love Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I truly feel blessed by reading this thread. I didn't have to fight for my disability, within 5 mths of filing I was approved. I didn't expect to win it at first try because they say that SS will deny the first application, with that I already had me an attorney picked out to help me fight. Even now after 5 yrs I often cannot believe I won.

Best of luck to you and all others that are applying.

As to how far they go back I'm not sure. I know they didn't go back on me and I reported that the illness had started long before I filed.