Thread: New member

Thanks

Default New member

I am 29 years old and have just found out that I have SLE. I have a horrible rash all over my body that ITCHES! I have the fatigue, chest pains, blood in urine and occasional swollen joints. Is it normal to have all of this at once? How can doctors tell how far advanced your lupus is? Everyone that I have talked to only knows people who have died from Lupus, not living and doing well with it. Not very encouraging! I have 3 small children and I view this disease as a pesky nuisance. Anyone have any good advice?

Thanks

Default New member

One thing I can tell you is that no two people are going to have the same symptoms or have the same degree of pain and or problems as someone else with lupus. The fatigue is really hard, it's unlike anything you will ever feel and it will most likely become harder with having 3 small kids. Just make sure you keep up with the regular doctor visits and take the meds they tell you to take, even if they don't seem to be working! : ) And know your limitations. Most of the time if you don't push your limits you will be fine but if you push it be prepared! I am 33 and was diagnosed when I was 21 and since then they have added a lot of other illnesses to my list. Try to stay optimisic, hopefully you have a lot of support and if you need someone to talk to let me know I can give you my email address. Take care!
    Beth

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New member

Alison;
    Beth is absolutely correct! The number of Lupus symptoms varies with each individual, as well as the types of medications. There are some standard medications that we all have had at one time or another. There are some Lupus patients who have few symptoms and then there are some who have all that you have and more! The disease is unpredictable and insidious!
    Knowledge is your best weapon, both physically and emotionally! And, as Beth said, taking care of yourself, setting physical limits, listening to your doctors and taking your medications are extremely important!
    We are all here for you if you need anything.
    Take Care
    Saysusie