Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: itching

Thanks

Default itching

i was just newly diagnosed with lupus a couple of days ago. i don't suffer from arthritis or joint pain but i do have a lot of fatigue and my skin itches a lot. does anyone have that? I'm thinking my skin is just dry but it really itches a lot. thanks

Thanks

Red face

yes joann i have itching and fatigue you are not alone tell your doctor they maybe able to give you something for the itch good luck and am sorry you have lupus many hugs kim l and welcome to our site.

Thanks

Hi Joann...

Itching could be from your drugs, especially pain relievers such a Vicodin, Percocet Tramadol and etc...called the invisble itch, no rash.

If it is just dry skin, try an emollient such as CeRave..it is not a lotion.

Have you been tested for Sjogrens Syndrome also...it can cause dry itchy skin....

Few ideas..how one points you in the right direction...

Keep looking for your wellness. Hugs.
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Me too. Sometimes I'm not sure if it's my medication, dry skin, etc...

Thanks for mentioning the Cerave, Oluwa. I've never heard of that one and will give it a try.

Thanks

I do all the time to. It drives me nuts. I have Lupus, Hyepercoagubilty (blood clotting disorder), and Raynaun's Phenomena. I also get dry mouth and the shakes really bad.

Thanks

I do all the time to. It drives me nuts. I have Lupus, Hyepercoagubilty (blood clotting disorder), and Raynaun's Phenomena. I also get dry mouth and the shakes really bad.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Im scratching and itching right now

Love Amanda.xx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

I have itching/rashes frequently and very dry skin from the Lupus..never needed lotion in my life..now I can't get enough on hands and face!! I am not on meds so it is not that..also I take anithistimines(Allegra) for the rashes/itches and RX cortisone cream. Drink lots of water!!
    Andrea

Thanks

Default Itching

My sister was diagnosed this past year with Lupus, and the thing that really set hers off was terrible itching in her upper arm area, it was like a deep itch she could not scratch enough and she couldnt handle clothing against the spot or material, bedding. This led to them diagnosing Shingles, but she had no rash all over her body and no rash appeared, but she tested positive for Lupus with the Shingles diagnosis but the Dr thought it was a false result because of Shingles. Shortly after she had her Lupus diagnosis. But she is having the itch again and she says its very annoying, its now in her shoulder area, and no cream or lotion will help as she says its as if its internal and it cant be reached, its frustrating and can keep her from sleeping.

Thanks

Before I was diagnosed with lupus, I would have bouts of what you are describing. I would wake up at night after having literally scratched some skin off. It would itch almost as if it were burning. After one wise doctor added up all my weird symptoms and figured out what was probably wrong with me, I started a regimen of differant pills one of which was and is zyrtec. It took about a month of taking zyrtec, 1 a day, before I quit having those bouts. I still take one every day.