Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Through the bad comes some GOOD!

Thanks

Smile Through the bad comes some GOOD!

Oh how ive missed my" lupie" friends!!!!! LOL I have had some pretty rough weeks lately BUT i wanted to share a piece of GOOD news with my pals!!!! I was entered (by my mail lady) in "The Most Beautiful Front Yard" contest for our City of Sylvania neighborhoods! I won FIRST place!!!!!! It REALLY picked up my SPIRITS!!!!!! Something so small meant SO MUCH to me and it was during a time of sadness that HELPED me and brightened my day!!!!! I gave her a really nice thank you card with a little note in it and today she said the card meant so much to HER! We did something that WE thought was no biggie BUT was a VERY BIG BIGGIE to US!!!! LOL I was even in the local newspaper for it!!!! I dont spend the time i used to (BEFORE my lupus) in my yard due to this disease so it was nice to know that people think my yard is still pretty without as much time spent on it! Its the little things isnt it? I LOVE YOU MY FRIENDS
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

What wonderful news and many, many congratulations. I know that it takes time and talent to have such a beautiful yard and I am glad that it was recognized.
    So, congratulations on your first place win, your article in the newspaper and on your talent for creating such beauty!!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

AWWWWW, THANK YOU so much Saysusie!!!!!!! Yeah, it was funny because i was SURPRISED by the win due to the fact that many houses in our area have hired maintenance and landscaping. I told the mail carrier that and she said between her and i (LOL)the mail carriers DONT submit "THOSE HOUSES" because the owners DIDNT "put in the time " it takes to get your yard to look nice. She said she has always either seen me out there working up a sweat and/or me and my children out there putting in our yard time! LOL Yeah, it can burn some calories thats for sure! LOL
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Thanks

That is truly awesome, congratulations. Your yard must look really great, they picked yours over the " professionaly" manicured gardens. I can understand that it made you happy.

Debbie

Thanks

What a compliment to be nominated and an honor to have been chosen as the winner! I am so glad that you received a ray of sunshine since you've been feeling poorly. Just goes to show that there are thoughtful people out there who notice what you do....in spite of this dreadful disease. Congrats!

Thanks

Oh THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! How sweet of you both!!!!! Yes, it IS a GREAT feeling to know people notice what you LOVE to do and what you put time and effort into. ESPECIALLY with this disease! Those "little rays of sunshine" that brighten our days are a BEAUTIFUL thing!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

jeannette...what a wonderful accomplishment....and to get your picture in the local paper....i love it.

can you post pictures for us?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Outstanding, I'm glad the time you spent on the thing you love paid off and you were rewarded for it despite the fact that you feel you don't put a lot in it anymore due to the disease. You've won 2 victories one recognition 2 Lupus won't stop you! Hoooray!!!
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Thanks

Well THANK YOU very much Brenda!!!!!!! I like that attitude!!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jeannette -
    Congratulations! i think you should post a pic so we can see the award winning yard!
    - Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.