Thread: Just a good person.

Thanks

Default Just a good person.

I have got to tell you, what I have seen a few weeks ago.
    I was at the orthopedic office, sitting in the waiting room, watching the people. The door opens and an old lady gets wheeled out, this young woman jumped up, hugged her and ask her how it went, the lady told her that it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. The young woman is hugging her and rubbing her leg and saying, that she had told her it wouldn't be bad. That young woman was a caretaker, and she did take care of her client. It was so refreshing to see, that this young woman showed compassion and love toward her client, it almost made me cry. We hear so many bad things, how old people get neglected and abused. I had to tell this young woman what I thought about her and followed them outside. I told her that I thought that she was one of the best human beings, I have ever seen and that it was nice to see, that some people still care about our seniors. Boy you should have seen her face light up. The old lady told me, that she has had several caretakers and some of them where either mean or uncaring. I went back inside and ask the receptionist, who this young woman works for, she couldn't tell me, but said she would contact her employer and tell him what I have witnessed and give him my phone #. Well he called yesterday and we talked and I told him how sweet his employee treats his clients. He was very greatful, because alot of times, he only gets bad calls. He assured me that he will give her $ 100.00 bonus, out of his own pocket.
    This just makes me feel good.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I truly believe that certain people are better suited to work with the elderly than others. Like you said, this caretaker had compassion and her heart was in the right place. Some people are in certain jobs because of the wrong reasons or because it is not what they really wanted to be doing, but somehow that's where they ended up. It is like any other profession. Some people are in jobs they should be in and some people are in jobs that they never should have been in in the first place. I hope this makes sense to you!
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 08-27-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

WOW!

That gave me a wonderful case of warm fuzzies!

And debbie...you're one of the good human beings too!

What a bonus she'll get! It's not often people will compliment.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing, Debbie! It's wonderful when we can see love in action like that. And what you did, making sure she was recognized for her caring attitude, that was love in action too!
    God Bless!
    Deb

Thanks

That was great story not only that you witnessed it but that she got rewarded for it by her employer, unbeknownst him he keeps her caring with his rewards.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks debbie,

like abbasgirl, your story gave me the warm fuzzy feeling all over. yes, this caretaker was a true angel at work, and so were you....thanks for helping those who help our elderly.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I have gotten the same fuzzy feeling when I saw it my own eyes, it made me feel good all day.

Debbie

Thanks

Now THAT was a story that made me want to do a happy dance!! And i havent done a happy dance in a while! LOL THANK YOU for that!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

Blog Entries
    Thanks

great story!!! thanks for sharing.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.