Thread: boils, skin infections?

Thanks

Unhappy boils, skin infections?

ok another question. do any of you get any type of skin sores like a staph infection, cysts or boils? and what is folliculitis(not sure i spelled that right), is it like a bunch of little small pimples or raised red spots? i get boils about once a month, despite good hygiene. also have this skin problem on my face like the little small pimples. last year i had a staph infection on/in my chest. it started out like a really painful zit. within a week it grew to the size of a walnut. it felt like i had a walnut under my skin. took three different types of antibiotics to get rid of it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi pjreese,

it seems that the skin conditions that we suffer from vary from person to person. I have had some strange things start happening on my feet, so i have made an appointment with a dermatologist.

I also have a large circular brown area on my back with a single pimple-looking spot in the middle...but there is no infection in it.

I have read here on the forum that dermatologists can do a skin biopsy and determine if discoid lupus is present......i will find out next week when i go to the dr.

have you seen a dermatologist?
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had a staph infection on my back. Apparently, it had been there for some time. It was treated with antibiotics. I don't know if there is a connection between lupus and staph infections. Right now I have a bunch of sores on my back and they aren't healing well at all. I am supposed to get the results of a skin biopsy tomorrow. For all I know they may be discoid lupus? I guess, I will find out tomorrow.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 08-24-2009 at 12:29 PM.