Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need my eyes for seeing...HELP!!!!

Thanks

Bonusmom -
    thanks - hey I'm from the Bay Area too! Lived there 37 years. We moved to Boise five years ago.
    I have put a call into my rumy because I really am struggling with this - he's easier to get a hold of than my primary

are you still in that study?
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Thanks

Thanks guys--I knew I'd find an answer here. I have had the dry eyes for a while but the last two weeks have been bordering on painful-itchy, scrathcy to the point that I get horrible headache from constant blinking, rubbing etc. My opthomologist told me to use over the counter drops as many times a day as needed. What a waste. Do any of you use Restasis? Also, I have been on Plaquinel for about a month. Can anyone tell me the purpose of this drug other than relieving the joint pain? There is no cure for lupus, if the pain is not that severe, why can't i just take Tylonol arthritis? All these meds scare me. I am on high blood pressure and anti-depressants-don't know if I should be taking all these different meds-my dr. said they were compatible but still____

Thanks

Default thank you everyone....

thank you too all who responded...this site is so incredibly helpful. I have an apt with my rumy in two weeks so I will definitely bring this up with him. I know he will relay the message to my entomologist ( she is his wife hahaha) So helpful to have a great team of doctors...

Thanks

Talking

HI Guys -
    So I'm just back from the Opthamologist, with a dx of sjogrens -he gave me Lotemax for five days then to start Restatis (wich he says I will be on forever) He said my case was pretty bad and asked me to call in 30 days, if it's not better then he'll plug my tear ducts. Says it's easy, and pretty common. Sounded wierd to me.

He also said planquinel (my rhumy wants me to start on it) will help with the sjorgrens because it is sourced from inflamed glands. But of course it takes up to 6 months to be working.

So, KarenLee, I did the same thing, I deffered rx treatment for otc NSAI and my rhumy was ok with it, but it isn't getting the job done. If it's working for you go for it, but if your rhymy wants you on rx it might be becasue of conditions he wants to avoid so you should think long about it before going off. From what I understand Planquinel works as a dease modifing drug, with some immuniosupresent properties, so it gets at the source of the problem, not just for joint pain. But the otc NSAI also reduce inflamation whereever it is. Sine the eye problem is sourced from inflamation an aspirin can help, right?

Also, takeing a bunch, especailly more than package recomendations of those OTCs isn't completly safe either, just because it's not rx - look it up, it can be pretty bad

Just one other thing that I learned, when using otc drops to ease the dryness this opth said use only the single use sterile, preservative free. He said I'm going to be using too many since the condition is chronic and the preservatives are bad for you. Sorry I don't have all the details on that, but he was very clear 'don't use drops with preservatives in them EVER again" that's what he said.

I'll shut up now and go put my drops in

hugs all
    much love to all my lupie friends -

Thanks

Hi dgallardo1221
    I have problems with those floaters and they seem to be getting worse. I was on Prednisone. I do take methotrexate but I had these eye problems before beginning to take it. Also, I wear contact lenses. Do you? My vision is -7.00 (r) and -6.50 (l). My doctor told me I had the Sjogrens Disease and if you look at my profile pictures, you will see a couple of them where my lips were swollen due to dryness. I had to keep them saturated with vaseline to stop the pain. Currently, I am experiencing the dry lips again. Please go to the doctor and see if he/she can help you at all. I am going tomorrow and I will keep you posted as I hope you do for us.
    "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" (Wayne Dyer)

Thanks

I am just checking in to see how you are feeling and how you are eyes are holding up. I know you have an appointment soon and I hope you finally get some relief. I am thinking of you
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Default Hi Mrstjscott

hi, Mrstjscott

how did your apt go? did everything go well?.....

I actually don't wear contacts but I am suppose to be wearing glasses. I have an apt. with my rumy in two weeks so when I go I think I will inquire on Sjogrens Disease. What is that exactly? is it part of lupus?does it also cause dry lips because I often have dry and cracked lips.

thanks for your response