Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot flashes? night sweats? men and women

Thanks

Question hot flashes? night sweats? men and women

does anyone else get hot flashes that are not menopause related? also night sweats?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I seem to post on all the new threads about new ailments......but YES i do at night.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yes, i have issues with night sweats....i have to turn my air conditioner down really low, and turn on fans in my bedroom....this helps a lot, but my little yorkie, roscoe, gets really cold and digs himself into the covers.

some of my meds seem to make this even worse....especially the methotrexate.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Yep I have hot showers without the curtain and soap....

Me, I keep the A/C running, ceiling fan spinning and one leg sticking out from underneath the covers...

L,
    O.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi there,
    I get those lovely hot flashes and the night sweats too. I don't think it's menopause related, I am only 35, and I have had them for a few years now. Sometimes I have to get up at night and change my clothes or my sheets/blanket.

This lupus makes one feel so attractive!
    Here's to AC!!
    Deb

Thanks

There have been several threads about this in the past. Those miserable night sweats seem to be common to many of us. It really disturbs my sleep. I tend to wake up feeling hot, throw off the covers, get back to sleep, and then wake up feeling cold. This goes on every two hours, like clockwork - 2, 4, 6 a.m. I know that such a poor sleep pattern must be doing bad things to my health.
    Marla

Thanks

Red face

wow, guys you've just described what i go through every night. its really hard to sleep at night. i too have the ac running, a fan blowing and still i'm hot. lately it has started in the mornings when i get up too. it feels like when i get out of bed, my house goes from cool to hot. i've even started turning down the ac even more. my poor hubby is all bundled up under the covers like its winter. also during the day, or any other time, i sweat ten times more than most other people do under the same circumstances. i take lukewarm or cool showers because i don't see the point in taking a hot one if i'm just going to start sweating
    Last edited by pjreeses; 08-22-2009 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjreeses View Post
    wow, guys you've just described what i go through every night. its really hard to sleep at night. i too have the ac running, a fan blowing and still i'm hot. lately it has started in the mornings when i get up too. it feels like when i get out of bed, my house goes from cool to hot. i've even started turning down the ac even more. my poor hubby is all bundled up under the covers like its winter.
    LOL, my husband too, he sits here with a sweater on, poor guy is freezing his butt off and my hair is dripping wet from sweating. I also have them all day and all night long, but I have menopause as well.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I woke up the other morning,after thowing my leg out and woke to my little cat soosie playing with my toe.......it hurt but was funny
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get the night sweats and hot flashes. I don't know if they are lupus or menopause related, or both. The night before last, I had the night sweats really bad and woke up in the middle of the night soaking wet. Along with the sweats, it was a particularly humid and hot night to boot.