Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: muscle twitching...ughhhh

Thanks

Default muscle twitching...ughhhh

Ailment of the week.....muscle twitching, which is pretty new for me. It will happen for a few weeks then stop. It is mostly in my legs...not painful but very annoying. I notice it in my dominant arm too...I use the mouse all day!! I was noticing just at night when I would go to bed, I'm sure because I was still it was more noticable. Now I have noticed during the day too.any takers?
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

ME!

At night if i sleep..emphasis on the if there, i can just be drifting off n BANG...my leg twitches so bad it wakes me with a fright.Oh it so annoys me as then i have to start again to try n sleep.My left arm or fingers twitch at night too.In the day its the scary eye twitch lol...or the eybrow will pulsate like im a alien.
    So i am right with you and will watch this thread as i want it to stop.Oh sometimes i get the Elvis look when my top lip joins in lol.

Hope you find the answer to this mystery n me too.

Love
    Amanda.
    The Twitcher! xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Well,

I have muscle twitches pretty much all the time on the right side of my body, but mine are caused by what's called de-myelinization caused by Multiple Sclerosis, and I don't think that's what your problem is. My Neurologist has told me before that SLE can cause inflammation in nerve pathways and it can cause nerve related problems such as muscles twitching. It's a form or neuropathy but I can't remember the exact term. From what I know, it's only temporary like most odd symptoms you get during a flare. You haven't really lived until you've had a twitchy eyelid for a day. All the ladies think I'm winking/flirting when it happens.

Rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Oliver View Post
    ME!

At night if i sleep..emphasis on the if there, i can just be drifting off n BANG...my leg twitches so bad it wakes me with a fright.Oh it so annoys me as then i have to start again to try n sleep.My left arm or fingers twitch at night too.In the day its the scary eye twitch lol...or the eybrow will pulsate like im a alien.
    So i am right with you and will watch this thread as i want it to stop.Oh sometimes i get the Elvis look when my top lip joins in lol.

Hope you find the answer to this mystery n me too.

Love
    Amanda.
    The Twitcher! xxxxx
    I get that lip twitch too, but mine looks more like the "Billy Idol Sneer"! You being a Brit, you have to know what that is!

Thanks

thanks so much for the reply...thought I was crazy..or have MS...my mind starts to think scary things when something new starts I know negative thinking is bad but nobody gets the 'weird' stuff unless you experience it!!
    Andrea

Thanks

Oh Rob...but I have...several years ago I had an impinged nerve in my neck and my eye twitched uncontrollably for 6 months at least!! I couldn't take it anymore and my Dr. didn't know why....once I had surgery to my neck the twitch went away, after they told me 'it couldn't be from the neck'!!! lolol.. I showed them.
    Andrea

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Rob,

Oh yes Billy Idol was fab.Not seen him since the 80's..oh brings back good dancing memories...''more more more'

Panda girl,

Its understandable to worry.Ive been diagnosed n undiagnosed i swear i think i have everything...then think is it all in my mind? Well no...cause ive swollen knees n elbows n swollen chin which is horrid .So you keep coming here n post,cause between us we are all learning and it helps us relax then knowing others experience it and what it isnt.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Andrea,

I didn't want to scare you, or give you something else to worry about by mentioning MS. I really don't think that's what's going on with you. That's funny about your eye, glad you got it fixed!

Thanks

My legs twitch, too - especially at night. Also, my feet and toes are cold and numb most of the time. I was told that it is called peripheral neuropathy. None of the docs that I've seen have wanted to commit to it being a symptom of lupus, but I think that it is related.
    Sometimes, my laptop will suddenly jump when my leg twitches under it. This gets really interesting when there is also a cat on my lap!
    Marla

Thanks

hi yes i have muscle twitches when i am in a severe flare my husband says it is like i am flapping my wings my arms twitch and jerk severly so does my legs and i also have the eye twitching so you are not alone be well soon kim l