Thread: Marital Advice

Threaded View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Marital Advice

Sometimes lupus causes heightened emotions so I am seeking the counseling of a group of people I have grown to trust and care about. Tell me the truth about what you think, no matter what.

6 months ago I started planning our 5th year wedding anniversary. I was really excited about it, 5th year is a milestone, especially in dealing with my health and husband's Aspergers. I was working hard on my health to be well enough to ride the motorcycle to Vegas like we did when we got married.

8 weeks ago his step daughter told him she was getting married. My husband did not even think twice about canceling our anniversary. He didn't even tell her we had plans we would have to cancel. I voiced my feelings but left it up to him. He being a trucker has to plan his home time.

The wedding was postponed. Today hubby says he is now stuck taking home time for nothing. Now he wants to do something for our anniversary and I am over it. I don't want to be his second choice. I'm hurt. I have never been anybodies #1 my entire life so I am used to it BUT it hurts him now saying he wants to make it up to me. He hasn't completely owned his decision yet and I'm not letting him off the hook.

So what am I to do, to feel? How can he "fix" this? He made his choice.
    Last edited by AyahsClan; 08-21-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: edit
    Ayah
    Believe in Tomorrow - Appreciate Today
    http://twitter.com/LupieAyah