Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is this happening to me?????

Thanks

Default Why is this happening to me?????

I'm so sad that my body is not cooperating with me! I have a huge headache, and have had for days. This morning I woke up with a burning sore lower back. WTF is going on? I'm not like this, EVER!!!!!!!!!!! What a whiner I've become, and I don't like it one bit!!!!!

Sorry for the pity party, but what do I do?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mshutch,

oh, so sorry you are getting hit so hard by our enemy mr. lupass. so many times we have to just stuggle through each day trying to find a way to be comfortable, and hope that the next day will be better....i am so sorry you are going through this.

have you tried medication for migraines? i don't know what to do....when this happens to me, i just take a steady diet of pain pills until i start feeling better, or one of my kids hauls me off to the dr. If you take pain meds, be sure to write down the time that you take it so that you will not loose track of time and take before you should....

hope tomorrow morning finds you feeling better...sleep peacefully.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Lupus, and the pain it can cause, can be relentless, and really beat you down. I know the first reaction is to get angry-become stressed, but you have to resist that if you can. Lupus feeds off of stress. I don't know what meds you take, but if you are taking NSAIDS like Aleve/Naproxen, can you maybe take your doses closer together? I do that when I need to and it helps, I have to make sure I eat to keep away any stomach aches from it. I wish there were more. I know this can't help tonight, but you could talk to your Dr./Rheumo about possible meds to have on hand in the future when this kind of pain happens again. I understand how you feel, pain you cannot escape is a terrible thing. I hope you can get some sleep, and feel better tomorrow.

Rob

Thanks

Don't forget you can alternate advil and tylenol every 2 hours. So you end up taking Advil every 4 hours as directed and then tylenol every 4 hours as directed. Just remember that if you are taking Advil it is hard on the kidneys since it is processed through them. If you have any type of kidney damage you should consult with your doctor first!

I hope that you find relief! I've become just as much of a whiner as you so whine away my friend! This disease can be so unfair to us!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit better today, so far. I'm going to call my doctor today to find out what I can take. He told me not to take advil, only tylenol, which doesn't do anything. Hopefully, he can suggest an alternative.

I hope all of you have a great day today!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and I do hope that you doctor works with you to find something to help you with the pain.
    There is no such thing as being a 'whiner' here. We all know how this disease can wreak havoc on your life. Sometimes, it is really cathartic to whine, scream, and rage...we need to do that from time to time. So, doing it here with us is almost expected.
    Hope you feel better soon and that you find some relief from your pain.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Well, I went to the doctor this morning, what a great office this is, got me in as soon as they opened. He prescribed some antibiotics for my urinary infection, not sure if it was bladder or kidney??? And some fiorinal for my headache, which, again, got way worse today. It's so frustrating, but I can deal with it today, and actually got a lot of work done! I feel so bad for so many of you that experience so much pain every day, and here I am complaining the first time I have a severe headache. As I write this, it seems so trivial, and I'm so sorry for everyone who has to live like this every day. Thank you all for caring. I really appreciate it and hope that I can give the same back to you when you need it.

Colleen

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Colleen,

What you are experiencing is NOT trivial at all.It flippin hurts bad what you have.We all have it,so we know like you its not nice.So glad your doctor is helping you now.Just rest and relax and hopefully you will ease up a little and get a bit better.We all care.

love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MsHutch View Post
    Well, I went to the doctor this morning, what a great office this is, got me in as soon as they opened. He prescribed some antibiotics for my urinary infection, not sure if it was bladder or kidney??? And some fiorinal for my headache, which, again, got way worse today. It's so frustrating, but I can deal with it today, and actually got a lot of work done! I feel so bad for so many of you that experience so much pain every day, and here I am complaining the first time I have a severe headache. As I write this, it seems so trivial, and I'm so sorry for everyone who has to live like this every day. Thank you all for caring. I really appreciate it and hope that I can give the same back to you when you need it.

Colleen
    Colleen,

Like Saysusie said, there's no such thing as a whiner, or complainer here. Pain is pain, be it your first headache, or your 50th.

Rob

Thanks

My neurosurgeon told me that sooo many of his patients say the same thing...they can handle 'other ' pain.. but pain from the neck up is torturous....you are NOT a whiner. Hang in there....betters days are ahead.
    Andrea