Thread: Question

Thanks

Default Question

I saw the rheumy today and she gave me a shot of Kenalog (I think) that was mean to help with things. Now I've had this one before but don't remember having a drastic result so have been asked to keep a diary of my symptoms. Now apparently it can cause irregular periods - any idea how long this will last or how to get it back into a regular pattern?

Also, will this help my fatigue or just the joints?
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi scarby,

i am not familiar with kenalog....i am sure someone will be along soon who can answer your questions.

i am glad yo say your dr. today.....other than this new prescription, what did he say.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Well she said to keep going with the Plaquenil and paracetamol which isn't doing much for me. She also said that there may be a Fibromyalgia component to it - apparently I 'jumped' in a few places when she pressed but it wasn't excruciating or anything like that and I have overly sensitive skin with the sleep disturbances. I'm sure she said some thing else but I can't remember.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kenalog is a corticosteroid that is used to treat a variety of disorders. It works by decreasing your body's immune response to these diseases and reduces symptoms such as swelling and inflammation. Corticosteroids are hormones that are produced naturally by the adrenal glands. They have many important functions in the body, including control of inflammatory responses. Corticosteroid medicines are man-made derivatives of the natural hormones. They are often simply called steroids, but it should be noted that they are very different from another group of steroids, called anabolic steroids, which have gained notoriety because of their abuse by some athletes and body builders. Some doctors will prescribe Kenalog in lieu of Prednisone (another corticosteroid) or if the patient does not respond well to Prednisone.

If you have any of the following side effects, call your doctor immediately: Hives, difficulty breathing, and swelling of face, lips, tongue, and throat are serious allergic reactions requiring immediate medical attention.

Kenalog is also prescribed to treat allergic disorders, dermatological diseases, endocrine disorders, gastrointestinal diseases, renal diseases, respiratory diseases, and rheumatic disorders (such as Lupus). It is usually given by injection. Injections are generally performed at the doctor's office and monitored to prevent overdose.

I hope that this information has been helpful to you. Let me know if you need any more explanation or information.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Saysusie,
    Thanks for the info.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

YW
    Look For The Good and Praise It!