Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: update

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy update

I just wanted to share what has been going on with me for the last 3 weeks. I have had 2 er visits and two appointments with my rhumetologist in one week. It started out with the worst uti i have ever had and then proceeded to flare up my lupus. I have been struggling with blood in my urine for awhile now and some times no infectuion but this time a whole lot and pain so i now have and appointment on Monday with a urilogist which i dread to see if i have polopys or cysts or stones. My sed rate was up to 49 and my blood work was poor again and i lost 8 and one half pounds in 5 days. My new miracle diet. I just had to vent because my family is at war with each other and the stress is making things worse. Thanks for all the support. Love Bonita

Thanks

So sorry to hear all you are going through. I hope you get good news on your appointment and medication to help.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Thanks

Bonita,

You should take a nice, long, warm bubble bath...that will help with the stress and pain. I get uti, bladder and kidney infections very frequently. Drink LOTS of water and cranberry juice, and no matter how much you don't want to, your body will love you a lot more if you stay away from anything with caffeine in it. I hope you get some relief soon. I know how bad these things can feel.

~Amanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Bonita,

Sorry to hear how tough its been for you and so hope its good news at the results,goodluck.

Thinking of you
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Bonita,

Im sorry that your in so much pain, I hope you dont have any polyps or anything. I had to go to the urologist before
    I hope everything comes back ok, and they get this thing under control, hugs

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

How are you? How was the appointment on Monday and are your family a little better now? Hope you are easing and you get a break soon.

love Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi bonita, so sorry about your new trials with lupus.....2 rheumy visits in one week, yuk. I too see a urologist because of blood in my urine. You mentioned pain, my urologist said lupus nephritis was not painful,, and that my pain was probably lupus but not lupus nephritis. He did lots of blood work, sent me home with a 24 hour urine catch container, and now we are just watching my kidneys very closely.....i hope you have good news from your dr.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Bonita sorry to hear that you are having a rough time! It's a good thing you are going to see a urologist. As Phyllis mentioned, they watch her kidneys closely. Make sure they do a 24 hour urine on you for protein and creatinine to make sure you are not spilling too much which could be an indication of nephritis. Keep us posted on how your visit to the docs go!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i went to the urilogist and was there for almost 3 hours. He really was very nice and he explained a lot of things to me as to why there are so many things going on. On the examination he told me i have a polyp on my urethrera and next visit he is going to scope my bladder to see if i might have a tumor or anything else. My sed rate came back as 49 and my c reactive protien is 4.1 so having the last bad uti it triggered the lupus. Thanks for caring .Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i am so glad you found a caring urologist....i really like mine too. It seems to help us feel better just knowing that a dr. cares and is trying to help us. Hope you have a great evening.
    Phyllis

share a smile today