Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy Question

Thanks

Default Pregnancy Question

Okay guys,

As many of you all know, I got married last month. I was quite stressed throughout the months of April, May, June and the beginning of July. The wedding was amazing, better than I could have ever imagined, and the honeymoon was a blast...we went to Florida . Now here we are a month later, and I'm having some weird symptoms and wondering if I could be pregnant. Sorry in advance if this is all TMI!

My first question is do pregnancy symptoms present differently in lupus patients, my second question would be can prednisone and plaquenil be harmful if I am pregnant, can they interfere with birth control, and the reason I'm asking all of this is because I missed a pill during the honeymoon, but my period still came on time at the end of July. I'm not late on my period yet (should start around the 25th of August), but I've thrown up several times this week, and my breasts are EXTREMELY sore, especially to touch. My husband and I weren't using any other form of contraceptive. We weren't exactly trying to conceive, but wouldn't be upset if we did, in fact, we'd be exstatic. I threw up this morning just at the smell of blueberries...and thinking about it just made me get sick again...maybe I should have left that part out. Oh well...Also, I am currently in the process of getting off the prednisone, 30mg a day slowly down to 10 a day now. Could that be causing me to be sick, or do you guys think I could be pregnant. Also, I've been craving milk...and I HATE milk. I absolutely cannot stand to drink milk, but that's what i've been wanting. This is going to sound weird too and probably more than you guys wanted to know, but I have these weird little bumps on my areolas that have never been there before. They don't hurt and don't seem to be pimples or infectious, just there...Also, I've been having some mild cramping like I do before I get my period, but it's too early. I'm VERY regular, you could set a watch by my cycle. I know before I started the birth control that I had a 28-29 day cycle and I ovulated around the 14th day. I started my last period on the 28th of July, and according to all the ovulation calculators online that I've found, my husband and I had sex everyday that I could be fertile...I might just be getting my hopes up, but what do you guys think? Just curious, also, my husband doesn't really know yet that I'm thinking I might be pregnant, I didn't want to get his hopes up too early. I know I can't test with a home test until after I miss my period, which would be 10 days from now. Is it possible to experience symptoms just five days after ovulation??? Some stuff I read said yes and some said no, so I wanted real life people who've been through it to give me advice. I'm nervous and excited but I don't want to get my hopes up if I'm not pregnant. I've had two miscarriages in the past, one the day I actually found out I was pregnant and one a week after, so that makes me nervous too.

So, what do you guys think???

I hope everyone is well and flare-free and having a great weekend!

~Amanda
    Last edited by adl011; 08-15-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: forgot something

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hay not having been pregant i can't answer your questions for you but just wanted pop up and say have you spoke to your doc?? and wising you good luck thinking of you H x

Thanks

No, I haven't spoke to a doctor, it's really too early to, I just kinda wanted to see what everyone thought, since I can't know for sure for another week. Just curious is all

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ahh coll well et us know how you get on will be thinknig of you x

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Your symptoms sound like pregnancy, and no predisone will not hurt your baby, it does not pass the placenta. I've been pregnant on plaquenil and prednisone and while there may be some risk the benifit of controling your lupus usually outways the risk. I've never had these kinds of symptoms when withdrawing from prednisone. I hope I've helped a little bit. Cross your fingers and wait for an at home test to show you 2 lines cause it sounds like you want this to be a baby!!! Good luck, and lots of well wishes, Natasha
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi amanda,

i would say it is very early for you to be feeling any pregnancy symptoms.....however, babies have a tendency to do things their own way and in their own time, so maybe you are pregnant (certainly sounds like it)....keep your fingers crossed, and i hope your wish comes true.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh wow...goodluck n fingers crossed for you!!

love n wishes
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Does sound like you might be pregnant. My rheum always said that if I got pregnant he would take me off of plaquinel. But as Leksie said you have to decide if the risk is worth the benefit.
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

It sounds like a little baby maybe growing inside, but Im no doctor, A baby sounds like a delightful surprise. keep me posted

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

Hi Amanda,
    I used to be a midwife's assistant, and I've had 5 babies of my own. The bumps around the areola could be the milk ducts getting ready to go into production. I had a lot of those - I nursed each baby for two years - LOL. Check out La Leche League. If your meds don't prevent you from nursing, it sure is best for both you and the baby. I just could never imagine having Lupus and getting up in the middle of the night to mess with bottles. I took the lazy Mom's way - I just snuggled the baby up against me, nursed, and went back to sleep.
    Your reaction to blueberries, the milk craving and the sore breasts sure sounds like pregnancy. Of course, this is VERY early, and it could be just a hormonal thing or even wishful thinking. My youngest daughter got married on Valentine's day, and got pregnant very quickly when she traveled to his training base to visit him. She noticed symptoms very early, too. She drove me crazy with questions, and went through several EPT tests before she finally got a positive. Now she's nearly 5 months pregnant, and that little one is already kicking her to pieces!
    Here's my suggestion. Start taking good care of yourself NOW. Take extra folic acid - it prevents birth defects. It sounds like you might be needing extra calcium - drink that milk, yogurt, etc. if you can tolerate it well, or take a supplement. Also, take in LOTS of protein - that is what the baby will need to develop.
    Also, see the doc soon. Only your doctor can decide about the safety of the meds you are taking if you are pregnant. I had all of my babies long before the AI diagnosis, so meds were never an issue for me.
    Good luck to you, and I hope that it is true! Keep us informed.
    Marla