Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depression

Thanks

Exclamation Depression

Since I fell ill back in April (in and out of hospital new diagnosis's etc.) I have been extremely depressed... I have lost interest in everything, can not be positive etc. I used to pride myself for being positive despite being in pain and fatigued since i was 14 but now that I am depressed and having panic attacks it is just unbearable... Any advice? I plan on visiting my doctor to discuss this as it is really taking over my life

Blog Entries
    Thanks

McKinney,
    I think it's good that you are able to recognize your feelings and that you have scheduled time to talk to your doc. Some little things you can do in the meantime that might help, get lots of fresh air. walk as often as possible. drink lots of water. eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies. sleep well and for at least 8 hours a night. talk to your friends. get some excersize. all these things really help me when I find myself getting those feelings. most of all, if it gets worse before you see your doc, call someone! don't try to keep all this to yourself. talk to someone you really trust. a good friend, close relative. whoever. feel free to drop a PM anytime you want.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mckinney,

i can not add anything to sandy's great advice.....i just want you to know that i am thinking about you, and i hope this nasty bout with depression will subside very soon.

i am so glad you are seeing your dr....there are several members here who have to get medical help with the emotional effects of being so ill. Please keep us posted, and let these members help you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I think it is good that you are going to talk to your doctor. It's hard when one health issue after another happens. It's very hard to deal with emotionally and sometimes we just need to realize it and get some help! I hope you start to feel better soon!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just wanted to offer (((((hugs)))) and I hope and pray you get to feeling better.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

My thoughts are with you as i am where you are also. Just keep on keeping on.When you wake and you feel that feeling that swarms you,sit up,go for a bath or a shower.Get dressed,but saying that i dont always.Keep talking is the main thing,so keep posting here when you can.Make sure you do tell the doctor they can help,with either meds or talking therapy.For me none has worked,but i know deep inside i will keep on keeping on doing things,talking ,trying to get myself better.Relaxation is a good one,deep breathing exercises...take a deep breath in,hold for 5 seconds then breath out and keep doing this until you actually do feel your heart start to slow down.When you have anxiety also its awful,that deep throbbing from deep within,the hoplessness..then the attacks..no oxygen,sweats,trembling,panic terror....just know it does pass,this will be where the breathing excersise will come in handy.When i first experienced my depression and anxiety,i swear i thought it would never stop.You know...it does get better slowly just know that.Yes it may come back,but once you talk to your doctor and he helps,you will learn techniques that work for you.You are not alone.PM me anytime.

love and thinking of you with understanding
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

How are you feeling lately? Let us know when you can.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi McKinney,

I've been dealing with depression too. Have you been able to talk to your Dr. about it? One thing that helps me is seeing a counselor once a week. I found one who has a sliding pay scale, so it's very affordable. You might want to look into the same thing. I hope you get some help. Depression can be overwhelming.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi McKinney,

i too hope you are doing ok....rob's advice about counseling makes total sense. We all know that lupus attacks every thing is our bodies, so it makes sense that it would affect our emotions.....seeking professional care for depression is the same as seeing a dermatologist for skin issues....it takes a team to fight this war.

let us know how you are feeling....you know that we care.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I think everyone has given you some great advice! Hope that you are feeling better soon!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!