Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multiple miscarriges

Thanks

Unhappy multiple miscarriges

i've been a member of this site for 2 days now. i have not been diagnosed yet. but have many of the symptoms. i was wondering if anybody else has had multiple miscarriges? all together i have lost 7 if you count 2 separate ectopic pregnancies. every doc that i've been to cannot give me an explanation. i have a stepson who is 11. he is so special to me. we have so much in common that people often think that i gave birth to him.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi pjreeses,

i am so glad you joined the group, i hope you find the comfort here that i did when i joined.

I had one miscarriage....that was many many years ago, so i can't attest to multiple ones, but i do recall seeing some threads about miscarriages. So, i am sure that others will be along very soon and they will be able to share stories and drs. explanations with you.

good luck....so glad that you have such a precious step-son...he is very lucky to have you.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had to endure 7 miscarriages. I had two complete miscarriages, and it hurt me both physically and mentally so much that I'm not even trying to have children for a while. I'm not 100% sure if they were because of my lupus, but in doing extensive research on lupus, I have read that it can increase your chances of having a miscarriage. I'm so sorry, again, and I hope they can diagnose you soon so that you can begin the long trek to better health. I'm also very happy that you have your step-son. Hopefully after getting a diagnosis and some treatment, you'll be able to have children of your own, but if you don't, just know that you are blessed to have him. I hope this has helped some. Have a great night!

~Amanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi

I understand about multiple miscarrages... I have been there... so sorry for your loss and pain... mine were many years ago... my first was in 84 then again in 85 again in 86 and then in 87 my daughter passed away after 5 hours from a genetic disorder called Anencephaly... then after that I got pregant in and had a beautiful baby girl in 89 she was given 4 days to live, she was born a month early,she will turn 21 in Jan.... then again in 90 I was given a beautiful baby boy was told that he would have servere brain issues (dr was wrong) he will be 19 in Oct of this year....Then My baby he was born 91 he would have been 18 this Nov, he was a rare a strange child he spent 3 years in a childrens hospital when he was born with much of the same problems I have and have had all my life... But his life was cut short not my his illness and I was told would end his life, but he passed when he was only 6 years old about 3 weeks before he was to turn 7 years old he was in a drowing accident....

Many years ago the drs told me I could not have children.... I set out to prove them wrong.... Even went back to one of the drs that told me that and showed him all my kids and he was surprised...

My daughter just had a miscarrage this year in Jan... it has been hard on her as I feel it has caused her to leave her husband after only 11 months of marrage, she is currently hooked up with a women(long story) but I feel that her losing her baby has caused her to act out the way she has....

It is a very hard road to go down and I feel for any one that has to deal with it.... don't stop trying and do give up hope... I never did and I had 3 beautiful children because of it...
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

leaann, thank you for your reply. you don't know how much it helps me to read your story. after the last pregnancy ended so badly, i quit trying and got on birth control because i didn't think i could handle losing another one. since then i stopped taking it 2 years ago. hoping to try once more but i have not been able to concieve. i thank god for my stepson. as for what your daughter is going through, my sister had a baby boy in 91. he was born with a hole in his heart and the whole thing was turned backward. his blood was pumping in the wrong direction. he had open heart surgery at 1 month old. he died 2 weeks later. she has had no other children since. i guess she was just so scared it would happen again. she married and is the stepmother of 5 wonderfull children who needed a mother like her when theirs was just to selfish and immature to raise them. God works in mysterious ways. have hope for her.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Like I always say if there is a will there is a way.... I could not go through life knowing that I was not going to have children....It was not me... I have 4 step children my self... They are all 15 years old(long story).... I think of them as my own, but still I needed my own children and sometimes people ask me if I knew 2 of children would pass away would I do it all over and the answer to that is Yes.... My son he passed at 6 years old and he taught me more in 6 years than any else has ever taught me and he also made an impact on alot of people because of his life... about 4 years ago his story was in the U.S.A. today paper...

It is hard and stressfull and I went through 8 years of hell after he died, but came out on the other side a better person....

Even with my daughter I know that one day she will come out of her grief to where she will see she needs to change her ways and do things differently...
    It's been a hard road for both of us... but I look at the bright side, if I had not tried to have a child I would not have got the 3 that I did....

Hope it works out for you, and if not there's always kids that need a home...
    Lea
    SLE Lupus diagnosed 8/8/11
    COPD,Raynauda's, IBS, Asthma, Sleep Apena, Amenia and Arthritis,Diabetes,Reflux TMJ, temporal arteritis
    Half dead, cripple and crazy but still above ground.
    Medication
    Novolog injections, Medrol injections, MTX injections, Dicyclomine, Plaqulin, Iron, Spreva inhaler, Advair inhaler, Albuteral inhaler, Fish Oil, Calcium, Diclofenac, Citalopram and doxcycline

Thanks

Hello Pjreeses....

I am deeply sorry for the pain and sorrow you've suffered with each of your miscarriages. Gentle Hugs to you

I've had Lupus for 27 years. I've had multiple miscarriages without ever knowing the reason why, yet I went on to eventually conceive and have two successful pregnancies.

My two children are teenagers now.....and they are my joy in this life.

Good Mothers are a valuable, treasured part of our world...in whatever form they come....be it birth Mothers, adoptive Mothers or step Mothers.

I'm happy to hear you have such a lovely relationship with your stepson...he is a lucky boy to have your love.

You are in my prayers....

Fondly,

Lori

Blog Entries
    Thanks

PJReeses,

I have just started out on what may be a long road to a successful pregnancy, my first ended in miscarriage at 11 weeks, the second was a stillbirth at 22 weeks, we are still looking for answers but I know I will try again, its funny my lupus seemed to get better while I was pregnant but doctors aren't sure if it had an effect on the pregnancy. You give me inspiration, sometimes I wonder if I could try as many times as you have. I have a 10 yr old stepson and since he was baby people mistook him for my child because he lloks more like me and his father than his mother and father. I hope you stick around this site and get to know us all better...

Natasha
    Everyday holds the possibility of a Miracle

SLE, Nephritis, Raynaud's, previous ITP
    Plaquenil, baby aspirin, Flinstones vitamins

Thanks

hi i am sorry you are having so much trouble i had my first miscarriage in 1984 at 10 weeks then i had my son he was 3weeks early in 1986 followed by 2 more miscarriage both at 8 weeks then i had my daughter sarah went into premature labour at 34 weeks was sick all through my pregnancy with infections blood in my urine and bleeding was mostly on bed rest that was in 1988 followed by 2 more miscarriages and then in 1995 gave birth to my daughter she was 9weeks premature also suffered bleeding through my pregnancy then in 1997 had son but he was stillborn at 21 weeks this was a difficult time all the while doctors telling me they could find no reason for my miscarriages only now after talking to my rheumatologist do i have explanation he believes if they had tested me sooner when i was miscarrying they would have known it was the lupus causing them. so please do not give up hope and i am so glad you have your stepson hope you find the answers you are looking for many hugs and good wishes kim l

Blog Entries
    Thanks

pjreeses, i'm sorry for your losses. have they tested you for the lupus anticoagulant antibody? i was diagnosed with this, which is a clotting factor, and it puts me at risk for strokes, heart attacks, and miscarriages-especially in the later months of the pregnancy. other than that there are millions of reasons that could be causing your miscarriages. i hope they find answers soon and you are able to conceive. i hope one day i will be able to have children of my own, we'll see. anyway, they don't have to diagnose you with lupus to have the anticoagulant. best of luck to you. thoughts and prayers always.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for someone I'm not.