Thread: Hello

Thanks

Default Hello

Hi guys!

Just thought I'd introduce myself. ..I've been on Plaquenil for 3 months with no improvements yet. Seeing the rheumy next week - wonder what she'll say. I'm in my second year at uni doing a double degree in physiology and music. I've been trying to keep up with a full workload but this has proven to be costly so I think I need to get use to the fact that I can't do a lot of things at once and that it'll take a looong time to finish.

Look forward to meeting some people here and to learn more about this illness

Jas

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jas;
    Welcome to our family It is not unusual for Plaquenil to take several months before you see any real results. It is a cumulative drug. However, for most, once it does start to work, it works well. Especially for lesions, ulcer, skin disorders, and for fatigue and joint pain.
    You may have to re-prioritize your schedule in order to allow yourself plenty of time for much needed rest. It is important that you get sufficient rest so that your body does not become overstressed, which can cause a flare-up. There are other members here who are also attending college who may come along with some good advice to help you manage your Lupus while at school.
    We are so happy that you joined our family and you will find that this site is filled with the kindest, most understanding and informative people on the web. Again.....welcome to our family!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you for the very warm welcome and some advice

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Hi Jas and welcome to this fab site.I hope it does begin to work for you soon.Im glad you are trying to keep busy with your uni, sound fab what you are studying.You just hang in there,we will support you.

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Welcome, Jas!!

I hope you get some good news from the rheumy. Plaquenil is a wonderful drug for some, but for others, it doesn't do squat. It's all a big balancing act...once you can juggle the balls, you can own the disease. I know this site and the wonderful people on it have helped me tremendously in finding my own little "cures" and giving me a place to come cry when things just seem to fall apart. Looking forward to getting to know you better!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie

"I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe."