Thread: Need some Help?

Thanks

Default Need some Help?

Hell omy name is Dylan, My girlfriend has Lupus and i love her deeply. She is 18 and i know nothing about the disease. Is there anything i should know? What is the Average life span of people with Lupus. I would be devastated if i ever lost her...

Thanks

Hi Dylan,

I'm so sorry to hear that your girlfriend has lupus. It can be an awful disease, but can be controlled with medications. Have a look around this board, and you will find many helpful resources to aid you in learning about this disease. It's so great that you've come here to find answers. What a lucky girl she is to have you!!!

Colleen

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

I am so sorry to hear the sadness about your girlfriend having Lupus.Please hang in there and watch as all your answers will be posted right here.Medications can help and we have many members here who have had this disease for many years.Sending you gentle hugs and hope we can make you feel a little better so you both have a wonderful future, ok with the help of medications and doctors,but keep strong my friend.We will all gather round n help you with all the information.

love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hello and welcome Dylan....

Your girlfriend is a very lucky young woman to have you to support and love her. Those are two very important things to have in your life when you're dealing with Lupus.

I'm not sure if there is an average life expectancy for those of us with Lupus because the disease and what it brings is so different for each and every person that has it. I DO want to give you some HOPE to hang on to though.....I was diagnosed at age 18 and I have lived with Lupus for 27 years now. I have been in a remission for the past 17 years. A remission is a period of quiet disease activity, when things are in control and you are not having active symptoms. This is always a possibility of remission with good medical care and with proper treatment.

A great place to start educating yourself about Lupus is right here in the Forum entitled "Lauri's Lounge". In the beginning of that Forum, you will find several Sticky Posts that provide excellent general information about Lupus. There are Sticky's about 'General Answers to your Lupus Questions', 'Living with Lupus dealing with Flares', 'Photosensitivity', 'Home Care 101', and 'Coping with Lupus'.

I'm glad you've chosen to learn all you can about this illness and to support your girlfriend on her journey. Please let her know she is welcome here as well.

Fondly,

Lori