Thread: Dxed by an Immunologist?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Dxed by an Immunologist?

Has anyone here been diagnosed by an immunologist? I've got high hopes about seeing one on the 26th. Someone told me an immunologist can diagnose many autoimmune diseases including Lupus. I'm trying to keep both feet on the ground. From her review she sounds like an excellent doctor.

I'm in the dark completely about this area of specialty. Anyone know what I can expect on the first visit?

Thanks

I was diagnosed by my family doctor/Pediatrician when I was 18 and then referred to an Immunologist at OHSU (Oregon Health Sciences University) who admitted me to the hospital for 2 weeks of testing and reconfirmed the Lupus diagnosis.

The Immunologist ended up being my only Lupus Doctor for 27 years, and I credit his expertise and knowledge of autoimmune illnesses and treatments with my successful remission of 16 years and counting.

In my opinion, a good Immunologist is an excellent healthcare professional to have on your team when you're dealing with Lupus.

Good luck with your appointment.

Fondly,

Lori

Thanks

Immunologists are well aware of our systems and should have no problem diagnosing the disease. I would feel comfortable being followed by an immunologist. I was diagnosed at a young age through a diagnostic referral group at a children's hospital and they just kept following me.
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies. I feel even more hopeful now.

Lori, how are you?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh wow ive got my fingers crossed and hope you get your diagnosis,then help to make you feel a little better again my friend.

Love Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx