Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Trust. On Truth. On Honesty

Thanks

Default On Trust. On Truth. On Honesty

He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. Luke 16:10

Honesty is also not just how we speak to others, but also how we speak to ourselves. While humility and modesty is a good thing, being too harsh on yourself is not being truthful.

It is important for us to find a balance of knowing our blessings and shortcomings so we can continue to grow.

When we are dishonest with ourselves, with others if chips away at our spirit, our faith and our trust in one another and ourselves. Dishonesty causes us to doubt who we are. It causes such mistrust, mistrust in our relationship with others, with God and with ourselves.

It is work being honest in every way, little lies as to not hurt our friends and etc but it rids our conscience of such a tremendous weight and strengthens our faith.

We can also find forgiveness in being truthful.

Being honest is about following in God's footsteps, for He cannot lie.

Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wonderfully said. It is, indeed, difficult sometimes to be honest and even little lies chip away at us. The saddest part is the mistrust that it generates. Once trust has been lost, it can never be fully recovered again. It is a loss that adversely affects the dishonest person as markedly as it affects those who have been affected by the dishonesty!
    Forgiveness is a powerful redemption, especially when it is given in love and accepted in humility. It can heal many wounds.

Thank You Oluwa
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Amen and Amen!

Thanks

I second that abbasgirl, AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cHRISS
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

trust is so fragile....it is the strength that guides us, but whenever questions arise, the trust can shatter into a million pieces and it becomes difficult to know which pieces to pick up.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

I'm not sure if I understand the reason for this thread.

Most people can not handle honesty and the truth. I for one have to watch every word I say so as not to offend the other person. Is this being honest and truthful? No its not. If I ask a question I want the other persons honest opinion no matter how it makes me feel. The answer might be the wake up call I need.

Sitting on the beach drinking lemonade.
    Fair wind and following seas.
    David

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm not too sure either Grime...but it's good.
    I like honest answers too.

Phyllis, that was beautifully said.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Bump to top.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes i like this thread,some lovely replies.I am always honest,i am just me.I like all the replies especially yours Phyllis,very true words indeed.

Love Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Its for the reader to extract whatever they feel it to mean....He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much. Luke 16:10

If we lie about small things we will lie about big things...and if we are honest about little things we can be honest about big things...trust.

.....being too harsh on yourself is not being truthful....Times while having Lupus we criticize ourselves in our head, belittling, saying we are lazy, ugly, fat, hypochondriacs, terrible spouses, wives, daughters and sons because we can't be all the people we want to be to the people we love. We are none of those things.

And by telling these untruths to ourselves we chip away at our spirit, how we feel in our day and not doubt set us on the vicious circle Lupus thrives on.

Untruths also widdles down our friendship when we are not honest with our friends, family or strangers.

No one is perfect, only God is..so we strive for honesty...and follow in God's footsteps. No one is without sin....

Being honest it a hard path to walk, as we don't want to hurt peoples feelings, but sometimes if we choose different words, phrase it differently they may not come across as being offensive. Honesty doesn't have to hurt....

And when we aren't honest with ourselves, with others it creates mistrust. If those we love see us being dishonest, that creates a relationship of mistrust with them and us....a mistrust rarely spoken of...

When we tell ourselves negative things that causes us to not like ourselves very much and we begin not to trust our own judgment.

And I see, we all took something from it..read it differently just like how I meant it to be read....Interpretation.

Happy day today....
    Love,
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Oluwa For This Useful Post:

Nonna (12-19-2010)