Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr's visit today- Rituxan working!

Thanks

Talking Dr's visit today- Rituxan working!

Hello everyone! Well I went to the doctor's today and it shows that the Rituxan is working!
    My random urine for Protein went from 213 last week to 73 this week! They are also measuring my CD19 and CD 20 counts (specific lymphocyte markers which the Rituxan is targeting) and my CD 19 before treatment was at 48 % and CD 20 was 0%. After the treatment CD 19 is 0% and CD 20 0%! 0% is what they want! They will give the treatment 6-8 weeks to work and they if my CD 19/20 counts are starting to climb again then I may get another treatment. Less is more right now to decrease side effects!

I also actually lost 9 lbs of fluid in one week! Thank goodness. My SOB the last couple of days has gotten better and they were able to decrease the lasix! Also my prednisone was lowered from 40mg a day to 20mg a day for the next couple weeks until I see my doc again!

Finally some good news! Also, they got the complete final report back on my kidney biopsy and the nephritis is active but it was caught soon enough that the scarring/damage has not advanced any further then from my previous nephritis flare/biopsy results! So yeah!

I still have the swelling but in time is should continue to get better! Just an annoyance and a long road!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow butterfly rn,

you have just made my day....what incredible news you got today...you should put a star on your calendar for today.

congratulations...you have fought so hard and for so long, and finally, something is going right.

thank you so much for sharing this good news with us....i hope you have peaceful sleep tonight.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Woo hoo! Let's celebrate!

Wow, that's a lot of good news, Butterfly!

I will keep your recovery in my prayers, sweetie. (((((Hugs)))))

Thanks

Thank you mountaindreamer and abbasgirl! It was great news to hear finally! Now I just need to get this swelling in my left leg to stop because it's becoming painful at times....especially today!

Thanks

Default glad it's working!

This is awesome! So happy for you!

happy dancehappy dance!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh what fab news!! So happy for you and glad to hear good news.Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Love Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Ok so now that I started to have good news I find out today that I have 3 blood clots in my left leg. It started yesterday I had so much pain and pressure in my leg and walking from yesterday and now today has become so painful. Called the doc, they did a doppler and there they were. i have one in calf, behinde my knee and on the side of my thigh! Great right...so now I am on coumadin and lovenox injections for the next few days. I tell ya I can't win for losing! I'll be happy when this pressure just lets up...it's uncomfortable! Ugg!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Butterfly...(((((((Hugs))))). Drat!

I'm praying about it specifically sweetie. Please keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh, butterfly,

i am so sorry. I had to take the lovenox injections....they really suck. Did your dr. tell you to always rotate the injection spot? Also, do you know to expect bruising? I am sure you already knew these, but i just wanted to make sure.

I am so glad that you called your dr.....just another example of us postponing getting medical attention because we are afraid it is just another lupus thing, and it is just going to cost us money and time to be told this.

I hope your swelling is going down, and that your pain is giving you a break.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Thanks

This is awesome news Butterflyrn Im so happy for you Im actually dancing , lol
    Continue to get well and Ill keep u in my prayers

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!