Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intimacy and Lupus???

Thanks

Default Intimacy and Lupus???

Okay, so this is completely embarrassing but I'm going to ask it anyways. I have found within the last year that whenever I do something intimate with my boyfriend, the after effects are really bad. My muscles feel like fireworks are going off, and I have no energy what so ever. I have to lay down for at least 10 minutes because I am so unbalanced and so weak. I don't know what I can do to make this stop, is this also a symptom that all of you suffer from? It is so draining!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

No its a natrual thing and yes...me too..i lie down n say wake me when its over Im so tired too n hurt so bad.I think if you mention it to your rheumi they can help you..with creams n stuff .....and pain meds or advice.So please mention this to your doctor they are very understanding and i bet we've all asked these questions too.Maybe a hot bath before hand,gels n oils a massage all helps.You just lie there....i do..im like a living dead person i swear.I know i joke but i do so fully understand,its not nice at all.Hang in there,others will post about this my friend.

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Im there with you! Also something I will bring up when I go in again. Dont be embarrassed. Sometimes I just dont want to do it....or most times, because the after affects are aweful. My poor husband. Just tooo tired.

Thanks

AWWWW I so feel u. I just roll over and my my husband hit me from the back or sometimes I just lay there it's too exhusating. And then he wants me to do things we did when we first met or try new positions. U are not the only one who goes thru it. Sometimes I put it off until he gets upset with me. I know its not cool on his end but it just takes sooo much out of me. Thanks for sharing Steph!

Thanks

You guys don't know how comforting it is to know that I'm not alone in this. I feel for all of you, and wish it wasn't happening to any of us but to know that there are other people out there that feel the same way I do, makes this whole process a little easier - to know I have people I can go to that will always understand. It's tough, family and friends don't understand what we go through so its a blessing that all of you do.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

True Steph...it makes a big difference having friends that know exactly what you're going through because they are too.

Amanda girl, you crack me up...wake me up when it's over? lol.

I'm always exhausted too so my poor hubby often suffers but he has learned to handle it better. We've been battling that problem for ...oh gosh, I've gone blank...I can't remember how long now. lol. Well, it's been a long time.

When the doc had me try Cymbalta for pain treatment, my libido went to zero! That was six months of a special kind of awful. And it didn't even help with the pain.

Thanks

Welllll, I am a 43yr old male that is married to a 47yr old woman that I have to explain to her that I can only get the energy together once a week! Sometimes it is every other week! Shhhhh...you tell anyone I will deny it to my grave...aw crap it is posted already!!!!! LOL

I have discontinued meds in the past and told my Rheumy (female) that the reason is that I never thought that I could see a negative libido until taking the med.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Thanks

Red face

Hey Everyone,
    I know what you're all talking about, too. I still WANT to, but the minute my head hits the pillow, I want to go to sleep. Lots of KY Jelly and a lot of patience on his part will usually persuade me.
    I know what you mean about some positions being a thing of the past. My knees are so painful that some of the things that we used to enjoy are impossible now.
    I'm very lucky to have a gentle, patient husband for the past 33 years.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ok soo alot of people that have add are in relationships, i'm not and when getting in to a new one its ever so hard to explain yer all sounds great but can we pace are selves over the next few weeks!!!! they don't normally last more than a few months before disappearing off the face of the planet! ( so next time you see shooting star just remember it might be a boyfriend fleeing!!) lol
    any who its just great we can have threads like this for when i do have relationship thanks x

Thanks

Oh yes I know the feeling. I'm so tired and usually in a pool of sweat into the first ten minutes (and although its a good thing not as much anymore) my man has stamina so I have to be active and creative to cut down the time Sometimes I am able to give him what he wants with other alternatives to actual intercourse, so it's a juggle. Don't distress we are all in the same boat and we'll get through it together.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"