Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Smile I'm back!!!!!!!!!!

For all of you who do not know, my grandmother has Alzheimer's and she was moved into a home a few weeks ago. She had a car that she never used and a house full of beautiful things. About three weeks ago my mom called and told me that the family took a vote and decided that Tim and would get the car!!!! Due to the fact we have both been out of work for almost a year and are now a one car family, it was great news and an amazing boost for us

So, a little over a week ago my mama flew Tim and I to Ohio and we were able to pick out the things that meant the most to us from my grandma's house. I inherited all of her Longaberger Baskets, a beautiful painting and lots of things that will bring smiles to my face and my future families face for a long time. It was sad and beautiful at the same time.....

Well, we left last Monday and drove from Ohio to Phoenix and just made it home this afternoon!!!!!! It was an amazing trip and Tim and I had another amazing adventure together. I was able to see the United States in a way I could only have dreamed.......from the front seat with my best friend and the love of my life!

I am home now and missed you all very much!!!! It may take me a day or two to catch back up but I will soon enough

Love you all!!!!!!!!!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Helllllloooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I am glad to see you back! It sounds like the trip was successful! Did you get to see grandma? How's she doing in the new home? Longerberger baskets are nice! Now you will have to fill them with yummy things like homemade muffins and breads and cupcakes! Can't wait to see the pics from the road trip. How was your health this week???
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Hi Danica,
    I just got back from a road trip, too. Mine wasn't as restful as yours. Mine included grandsons, a dog and a cat, so it was a wild trip. It was great to visit with the kids, though.
    I've been through the Alzheimer's bit with my mother, and I was the one who had to clean out her house, then Jeff and I drove a U-haul from Illinois to Texas. Also, my mother-in-law chose to give Kayla her car when she couldn't drive anymore. We had to fly to Florida and drive the car back to Texas. Sadly, when she passed, we had to help Jeff's brothers with cleaning out her house, and again we drove a U-haul back to Texas so that our kids could have Grandma's furniture for their apartments, etc.
    We're soon going to start our huge road trip to California. It will be just the two of us and our two cats on a 1600 mile trip. It should be quite a trip!
    I'm glad that you and Tim had such a great trip. I'm sure that you will cherish your Grandma's car. Kayla sure feels that way about her car.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh thats so nice to read.How lovely.I hope your grandma is doing ok and you enjoy the beautiful things you got.Im so glad you have Tim n he you.Glad you had a great trip too.Welcome home!

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Sandy: I am happy to back here with all of you! Grandma is doing well and she is actually liking her new home! It is really nice and looks like a hotel room. She is adjusting a lot better than I thought she would. It made me feel better about everything The baskets give me another reason to bake! I should fill them with goodies and send them away! My health was pretty good until I took my shot on Friday and I have been feeling pretty yucky since then. I think it may have to do with stress and all the lovely goodies life gives you. How are you feeling today??????? I hope your recovery is still going very well. I am thinking about you!

Marla: I just read about your trip and it sounded busy but fun! It is always nice to see family and what better way to do it than a road trip! I am happy you made it home safely and now you have to get ready for you next adventure and new life! It will be very exciting. Keep us posted on how the packing and renting is going!!!!!!

Amanda: Thanks for you loving words. Grandma is doing well and I am so happy I was able to see her again before her disease takes a hold of her mind even more. I was able to pick things out that meant a lot to me and carried so many memories from when I was a kid. I feel very lucky! I happy to be back and I missed you very much!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's good that you were given the car you needed, Danica. I am glad that your grandma is adjusting well to her new environment.
    When my daughter was engaged to be married, her car was totalled in a car accident. Fortunately, she was not hurt.. Not long after that her fiance's father passed away unexpectedly and left him a BMW which was practically brand new. He already had a vehicle so he let my daughter have it. It meant the difference between graduating with a Master's Degree or dropping out of college. The university she was going to was quite a commute from where she was living. It was a godsend to her and I know this car must be a godsend to you.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 08-10-2009 at 09:47 AM.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

It's good to have you back Danica. I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother who is dealing with Alzheimers. My family had a very similar situation a few years ago when my Grandmother started to really feel the effects of the dementia she was living with.

With her blessing, my parents divided up many of her personal items between myself and my two sisters. She had given my late Grandfather a beautiful Lionel train set back in 1952. She gave me all of his train stuff, and was just incredibly happy to know that this train, which brought Grampie such joy, would have a special spot in my own train collection, and would be put on the tracks and run around the tree every Christmas, just like it had for so many Christmas days of the past.

I'm sure, if your Grandmother understands, she is happy that her things are helping other family members.

I'm glad you got to see the country in a new way. I've driven cross country many times, and to see America that way is always a great thing. Anyway, welcome back!

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If you are looking for someplace to send those yummies, let me know and I will share my address! I bet you'd get a bunch of others on here to volunteer as "taste testers" as well. We could trade, I don't really like to bake, but I make a mean soup.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Welcome back Danica. Glad you were able to spend time with those you love. Good to hear your Grandma likes her new home since she is happy and comfortable you guys will not have to worry as much.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Danica! I'm so glad you were blessed like that and your grandma is happy in her new home.