Thread: Think I just turned vampire

Thanks

Default Think I just turned vampire

Well today is the first day I think I feel sick from the sun. I am the biggest sun worshiper in the world, IT's NOT FAIR! Looking Puerto Rican all year round in New Hampshire is not easy to do So anyway I went out for a 1.5 hour walk with my dogs yesterday a flat hiking trail and we ended up in the dog park it was a beautiful sunny day mid 80's. Today I woke up and feel completely exhausted like a truck backed up and is still parked on my chest. I can only think it's the sun because I was not extremely active usually I'm able to do at least 3 swim classes and 1 rollerderby practice before feeling like this.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

(Angel walks in with garlic round her neck)......Im so sorry to hear you are sick and its cause of the sun.Its so sad as i too love to be out in the sun,i get little rashes but i dont think as yet ive noticed how sick i get with the sun as each day i feel rough with something,i'll have to pay more attention.
    You just get some rest and i so hope soon you feel a little better.

Love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

The sun makes me sick too....sorry to hear it's just now affecting you! I had to grow up with not being able to go out and play as a child with everyone in the sun and now can't even get a tan! In the end I know it's better for me with less risk of skin cancer! But it sucks! I told my husband when the day comes and I am on my death bed that he is to put me in a tanning bed so I can go out with a tan....LOL!

I hope you feel better soon!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

That's funny death bead is the tanning bed I do have some red spots but since I'm pretty tan its hard to tell but I know it's not normal for me although docs and hubby just think its sun burn or red skin. Today I noticed my forearms were really blotchy and my cheeks look like I have rocasia or very very small acne. T he fatigue is what's killing me. Oh well guess I better buy sunblock, because the dogs will have their outings Why does this disease like to target stubborn folks Think Rheumy is gonna put me back on plaquenil at end of month maybe that will help.
    Spanglishqueen AKA Brenda or "B"

Thanks

You make me giggle I hate that we are unable to enjoy the activities in the sun. It really does seem so unfair when you think of all the other issues we deal with on a daily basis! Boooooooooooo hooooooooooooo Hang in there and it will get better!!! I am sending you lots of healing thoughts and gentle hugs
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

I too have a terrible reaction to the sun. But rheumy told me that since I don't have the lupus rash now, I probable don't have lupus ( among other things). Even thought I told her I don't go out in the sun since having it. And....we have a beautiful, huge, in-ground pool that I can only go skinny dipping in...ooopppsss...LOL
    Danice

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm hearing you on that PR thing! Saturday someone said to me that I look so pale. I was like, gee, thanks! At least I am not swollen and sick and rashy. All my friends now how much I love the sun and the summer time and this is actually the first summer where I am in most days. Not liking it , but I know it's for the best, so I guess we'll be vampires together.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm in that club too. This is my second summer and the sensitivity is worse this year. All it takes is a little and I break out and it makes my pain symptoms worse. I appreciate the rainy days much more than I used to.

Going out of this world with a tan is so funny. lol.

Thanks

I hear you B...I am not really a sun worshipper, but am an outdoors type person. Doc told me I should become a night person, and we laughed about being a lady of the evening, lol!!!

Anyone ever heard "Oh my gosh, you got too much sun!". I'm so tired of hearing that! I wear my sunblock, and my hat, and my long sleeves, but sometimes, it just doesn't matter. Is it the sun? I think not, since the redness is not hot and burning....just red...and ugly!!! How do you handle it when it's winter and there's no sun?
    Last edited by MsHutch; 08-10-2009 at 05:25 PM.