Thread: I feel so confused and lost!!!!!! HELP

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default I feel so confused and lost!!!!!! HELP

:?
    I was diagnosed with sle july 2004 and for the past 3 months I have been feeling really confused, depressed, and sometimes i feel like i'm stupid. I just feel real LOST. Is it just me or what? I feel i have changed mentally with this disease. Why do i feel so stupid right now? [/b]
    You too shall overcome this!

Thanks

its not stupid....its just such a shock to be told you have an illness !
    it will take time...i was dx in 1978....and sometimes i find it hard...after all this time...
    :?

Thanks

Hi butterfly11!

It's alright to feel stupid, I sometimes feel that way too & I've been diagnosed with SLE almost four years ago. I still feel lost, confused, bitter, lonely, depressed and sometimes furious. Its really difficult to bear a sickness like this when everything seems to be unknown but let's keep the faith that somehow will get rid of this sickness or at least feel better with it.
    There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there's absolutely nothing we've done to make Him love us less... God loves us without conditions for just the way we are!

Pieces of Me!

Thanks

Hi butterfly11!

I think I can relate to your feeling "Lost". I used to explain it as they say and "out of body" experience feels. Like life continues to go on around you and you are just on the outside looking in - or in a dream. I really hate that feeling. I just think it takes time to process it all. I just felt that maybe my mind was a little preoccupied trying to figure all of this out that it made me a little absent minded. I noticed I had to consentrate on focusing a little bit more. I think that just has to do with being worried. Worry must take up a lot of space in our brains or something! I'm quite new here, too - it really seems like a nice place! Hang in there - I think the first year is probably the most trying - As I get older, I can't believe how many of my mom's sayings I now use, so I quote my mom "Better days are coming!"

Mitch

Thanks

Hi Butterfly11!

I understand your feelings as well. I'll go through phases where I feel like all I say is "HUH?" Because whatever I've just heard doesn't quite get through. I blame it on "lupus fog" and old age (menopause?) but sometimes I think i tis just the world moving too fast. We live a faster pace than our parents, and it is hard to keep up with.

Try taking a step back, a deep breath, and ask whoever's talking "wait, I'm sorry but could you repeat that, I think I missed something." Sometimes I want to say "WAIT! My ears don't work that fast!"

And remember - life at a slower pace is beautiful - you see more of the detail. I am in the north, but once worked with a woman from Georgia who spoke soooo slooowlyy that I wanted to finish all her sentences. After a while I learned that if I just slowed down and listened, I loved the pace of her speech - I could absorb, I could really take it in.

Hugs dear.