Thread: Low Self-Esteem

Thanks

Unhappy Low Self-Esteem

I'm feeling better now, now I don't know how to delete this.......
    Last edited by Pugzi; 07-06-2010 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

OH Pug,

Im sending you gentle hugs and to let you know you are NOT ALONE. I understand the whole of your post so much.
    You are beautiful and you just keep saying that to yourself until you believe this.Emotions are up in the air.Im sorry you lost a freindship,but i hope in time you are able to get this back,but if not try not to beat yourself up about it.In time you will make new friends...we all will.
    I too feel all the same emotions.I have lost all of my self esteem,all my confidence and feel so alone and ugly.But i find coming here helps me.So many times ive been crying logged in here and then feel a little better always.So you keep posting,we will all gather round and support you and give you help and nice words and advice to get through this.
    Since i took ill, my friends have gone.I have 2 friends left,but they let me down often,but they are all i have so i forgive easy and move on. I do miss friends i lost,but ive said it many times..as we get a little older all our paths do change its meant to happen for us all to get stronger and find new and better friends.When i look back,i am sad,but in a way it was a blessing in disguise some of my old friends left me,cause i learnt allot of lessons along the way and they would have taken me on a path im not wanting to be on.Like you say in your message you feel you wont ever have a relationship
    but you know what....you will...you will find better friends and relationships i promise that to you.You dont think it now but you will.
    As for feeling angry,its a natrual emotion so dont be upset.Have you mentioned all this to your doctor? If not you need too.He will be able to help you through this difficult time so please tell him.
    Now is a hard time ....but i swear we are all here to help you and care about you.We all have been where you are or at the same place.Just keep poting and we in time will help you deal with it all.It will pass.You will feel better inside. Time is the key.

You message me anytime.You be strong and i care.

love and gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thank you very much, that helps a lot!!!
    I have my good days and my bad, and on the bad ones it helps so much to talk about it. I will definetly keep up on this forum.

Thanks

Hi Pugzi,

I am sending you a hug too. It is a difficult thing to deal with, but Amanda is right, you will find the right friend. Coming here, helps all of us alot, because everybody knows what we are talking about. And even though, none of us have ever met in person, we are best friends here. We can ramble on for ever and everyone gets it.
    So my dear, whenever you think you're alone, think again, WE ARE RIGHT HERE.

Debbie

Thanks

Hey I know what you mean. I was always really depressed and had low self esteem for a few years ago until I met this amazing guy back in november. then i found out in march that i probably had lupus and was put on a bunch of meds and just got really depressed and he dumped me. People suck. I only have two really good friends that I can ever talk to about all of this. I guess being sick can really help you realize who your real friends are. I know things seem bad right now but they get better I promise. I didnt think they would but talking with people on this site has really been helpful for me. So if you ever need to talk Im here =) Your right its hard enough being a teenage girl without all of these kinds of problems on top of everything else.

Thanks

I know what you mean because I'm going through the same issues, however I don't feel depressed about it. The reason I don't is because I know God will make everything better, I don't know if that comforts you because I don't know your religious beliefs- but I can tell you it has helped me. I gained fourteen pounds (and I'm on a dosage of 30/40) but I also recently lost 20 with water pills becaise the prednisone made my feet swell. I also have stretch marks that look like lightning...I know all of this is hard for you to deal with but remember, all these things are reversable, I don't know if your doctors had told you that- but mine have. The stretch marks should go away, but meanwhile just like rub cocoa butter on them to help get rid of them. Today my hair started falling out! That wasn't fun...but I'm ok with it. Just keep positive, I know it's hard to in times like these, but what does negativity really help with?
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Thanks

Hey Pugzi,

I really sorry to hear about the situation that you're in. I too have lost friends and sometimes, even with the ones I have lest which I know are good friends, 'forget and stop caring' and forget that I can't do a heck of a lot of activities especially in the evenings where they like to go out and have fun. People our age aren't familiar with the concept of chronic illness. They see 'getting sick' like catching the cold or flu where you will eventually recover fully.

Like you, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to have a social life, meet a guy, get married at some stage. But I too share the belief that there will be someone out there for you, whether they are a new supportive friend or something a little more special.

And don't ever feel sorry about venting on here. People on here understand how hard it can be and I've had my odd vent here and they've been some helpful advice on here. I hope venting has made you feel a little relief. ((hugs))

Thanks

I am in my twenties and was just diagnosed. Your message saddens me for you and it scares me for what the future holds! I am not yet on any medication, still pain killers. Are there any alternatives to prednisone? I hope you feel better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrittanywithLupus View Post
    I am in my twenties and was just diagnosed. Your message saddens me for you and it scares me for what the future holds! I am not yet on any medication, still pain killers. Are there any alternatives to prednisone? I hope you feel better.
    i was put on cellcept, it was a lot better than prednisone.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Pugzy
    Sorry to hear your undergoing and having such a tuff time with the prednisone but your dosage will lessen as time goes on. I started off on 30mg in Nov. 2008 and I have gone down to 5mg. Hoping to kick it to 0 but in time. Have you tried to modify your diet/eating by eating healthier snacks and eating more frequently to increase your metabolism? Might work for you?
    As far as friends are concerned...I know that is so hurtful and painful and I think a lot of people on this site have lost friends/spouses/mates...I am one of them. What I have learned is they either really never loved me or just having lupus was too much for them and that is okay! You will make and have new friends who are more understanding and compassionate to you and your disease.
    As far as boys...you will have plenty of boyfriends so don't worry...they will come!
    You are going through a lot with the medication and adjusting...I still am trying to adjust and I have mood swings like you wouldn't believe. I too had suffered with a little self esteem when I was first diagnosed and I am a very confident woman but Lupus has a way of trying to take over your thoughts and now I take over Lupus...I am back...wearing my heels/cute clothes...combing/brushing my own hair and looking/feeling great....you will be there too very soon and then all those friends that have turned on you will wonder what your secret is...The secret is you don't need haters....and they are your motivators!!!