Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Op Update

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Post Op Update

I had my surgery yesterday for the lympn node biopsy from the lungs. Right now, I hurt like hell, especially my neck around the area where I have a 1" incision. The procedure went pretty well. I have to wait a few weeks for the official results but the surgeon stopped by recovery to tell me that he is certain he saw no lymphoma but he did see Sarcoidosis. I asked him if he saw granules on my lungs and he said he did. My lungs are burning right now. Breathing, swallowing, coughing are all pretty painful at the moment. Moving around is hard. I can't seem to scratch my back in certain spots since it seems to strain the muscles that are inflamed in my neck and it seems like my skin is itchy everywhere, I don't know if it's a side effect from the anesthesia or if it's from that antimicrobaterial soap they made me wash with 3 times before surgery, but I itch! My neck is 3x the size it should be right now. He perscribed me some vicoden, which I am reluctant to take, but have decided that I would rather take then try to sleep in that pain. Mom took me and we had to be there at 5:45 am yesterday. By the time we stopped to fill the script, it was about 5pm when I got home. I was in bed asleep by 6ish. Slept on an off until 9:30 this morning. Napped a couple of times today. My best friend stopped by with soup this afternoon and did my dishes for me. (she rocks!). I'm going to bed in a little while after this, wanted to let those of you who had been asking know how I was doing. I am taking the day off of work tomorrow and Krissy is going to come by again to make some soup. I can feel that I am in a lot less pain and doing better from yesterday, but I think it's going to be a long while before I am swing dancing again. I have a followup with the pulmonologist in 2 weeks and then the surgeon to check on my scar and then the rheumy and PCP. The thing I am constantly saying to my mom is thank God I went for a second rheumy opinion and that he did the original xray to rule this AI disease out and thank God he sent me to the pulmonologist who did the CT Scan to rule this out and then to the surgeon. None of these doctors really thought I was presenting with Sarcoidosis, but they all followed through on the diagnostic criteria even though each of them said the prior results were "not impressive". Thank God I have learned to stand up for my own medical care as well. Thank you for all your kind thoughts and prayers, they have really meant a lot to meant more then words can express to me.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Default Hi

Hi Sandy

I'm not aware of your whole story here...still new and I could read for years but can't sit that long at the computer..

But I sure wish you a speedy recovery. It certainly doesn't sound very comfortable and I bet your Mom would rub some lotion onto your back for you! I had the same problem with that anti-b soap with a surgery I once had too...the nurse was so nice to rub lotion into my back in the hospital and it felt SO good...

Take it easy

Hugs
    Jewelz

Thanks

Hey Sandy
    Im glad you got your test also and I hope when the results come back they are good. IM so sorry you're in so much discomfort. Reading this post i=I feel so bad for you I can actully feel your pain, I had to have a similar procedure but it was done through my armpit, it was also a lymph node biopsy. That itching concerns me because it does sound like an allergic reaction. Im glad your friend is taking care of you. I wish it was something I could do, I'll give you a gentle cyber hug ( squeeze) Sarcoidosis? I know someone with that Im not real clear on what it is though. Take it easy and keep me posted

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

Sandy I am so glad that you did so well! Isn't is great to have peace of mind knowing what it is that is going on! Keep taking your vicodan to get a good nights sleep! If you get your sleep it will help your recovery! I'm glad you have such a great friend that comes over to help you!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Wow you are so brave and im so glad you had it done and hope now they can give you the help you need.
    You just rest and i hope you ease up more every day,sounds very painful,you are so brave.
    Oh what a good friend to bring you soup mmmmmm so kind of her.

Im thinking of you
    love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Sandy,

I am glad you have got the worst behind you and hope you are recovering nicely. Hope your itching has stopped.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sandy i am so sorry that you are hurting and i hope that you get good news about your results. We all feel for your pain. Love Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts. I am feeling better today. Still quite swollen but I awoke laying partially on the right side of my body - something I haven't been able to do for a couple of days - so I can tell that I am getting better. The itch has mostly gone away, but it probably was a mild allergy Chriss since I am so sensitive to fragrence and dye on my skin. Just going to rest up the rest of the weekend and the biggest plan I have at this point is to do my laundry, something I will worry about later since I can't lift the basket yet. Maybe I will ask Krissy (best friend) to bring it over to her house for me since I was planning to go there to do it anyway...
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Ah Sandy,

Glad you feel a little better,just rest and heal soon.

Thinking of you
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sandy;
    I am so glad to hear that you are getting better each day. Also, like you, I am especially glad that you did stand up for yourself and that your doctors took appropriate action at your insistence.
    Continue to get better and to take care of yourself.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!