Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: question #2-arms and feet!

Thanks

I had a pinched nerve in my neck and that was my main complaint...I also had a lot of pain along with it. You might want to speak with the MD about it.
    Andrea

Thanks

Default You Guys Rock!!!

This is the weirdest thing-I was out watering my vegetable garden and my hands went to sleep-this happens a lot-did not know it was part of the disease. I took watercolor classes last year and became very good. Now when I go to paint, my arms fall asleep and I drop the brush. My legs fall asleep at night too. So, I start feeling sory for myself, start getting depressed, thought OK, buck up and go on the lupus chat room-here is a whole link of stories of people with the SAME thing. I know my husband gets tired of listening to me cry and whine, but he never says a word. Bless all of you-I've only been in a few days but so far you have all been a God-send. Thank you--Karenlee

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just know that you are never whining and crying to us. Did you find some answers to the numbness in your arms & legs? Please know that if you need more information or want us to research anything for you, we are always willing to do that!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

My calves and fingers lock up/fall asleep often, when I told my doctor about it he said it was probably prednisone, because it can cause muscle weakness.
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -MLK, Jr.

Thanks

I had muscle weakness for years before they even suspected lupus...and in muscles I use all the time for work.

I wake with numb fingers nearly every night...but have never had numbness out of the blue.

Hope you figure it out!
    Last edited by CanadianMama; 09-06-2009 at 09:56 AM.

Thanks

Thoracic Outlet Syndrome explains the numbness in one's hands and arms. It doesn't explain people getting the same in their feet, or as in my case my right ear and my lower lip.
    Murphy was an optimist.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law

Thanks

I too get tingling all of the time in my arms all the down to my toes. I have a broken L5 and a missing disc which means im grinding bone on bone SO, its either that OR lupus related. My dr thinks its BOTH,its just a matter of WHICH one feels like BUGGING me at that moment i guess! LOL Accupuncture has been the BEST therapy for these syptoms though!!!! ITS GREAT!!!!! I just cant afford to go all of the time so, im limited to the treatments. Just another hurdle!!!! Ill jumpp it though!!! I always do!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette