Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question #2-arms and feet!

Thanks

Default question #2-arms and feet!

My arms fall asleep almost EVERY night, over and over. It's from my shoulders all the way to the tips of my fingers. They will get so "asleep" that I will wake up and not be able to move them at all. Then finally they will start to "wake up" but it HURTS. This happens over and over all night so that I don't get any good sleep. Does this sound like something that happens with lupus?? I know that people have different symptoms. Also, my heels do the same thing but not while I'm asleep, they do it anytime I am sitting with my feet up, like at night I like to read in bed before I go to sleep. It doesn't matter if I put a pillow under my ankles to keep my heels off the bed, they still fall asleep. I always just thought this was the way I am, but since getting diagnosed with lupus I'm wondering if this is part of it and if there's anything I can do?? Also it seems like it's getting worse in my arms lately. I just started this plaquenil a week or so ago. But today my arms aren't recovering like they usually do, they feel heavy and sore and like they aren't circulating right. Thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mcphena,

first, welcome to the group.....i hope you find comfort in the support that you will receive from our members.

yes, i regularly deal with hands falling asleep....i try to sleep with my arms softly resting on a pillow....it seems to help if they are not lying by my side, but a little elevated.

i also deal with the feet, and i just deal with it....i don't have the answers for this one.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome to the site...
    You have come to the right place to find comfort, love, support and understanding. I use to suffer from numbness in my fingers and I believe that is normal but I would tell my doctor about it and hopefully they can/will adjust your meds accordingly. I use to sleep on my back and almost sitting straight up with my arms to my side like Ab Lincoln at the washington monument for a long time with a pillow under my legs and feet. It helped and took getting use to.
    Dunno if this will help but I do wish you health and remission...Welcome again!

Thanks

Hi,
    welcome to our family. You will find alot of support from this wonderful group of people. I myself and newly diagnosed and yes I suffer from numbness to my upper and lower extremities of which my rheumy said was a part of this LUPUS process. I agree that you may need to discuss this with your DR.

I hope you will feel better soon. Feel free to vent...

Dassar RN

Thanks

My feet are almost always "asleep". In my hands it comes and goes. I even get it in my right ear sometimes. Just lately I have started to get it in my lower lip.
    Murphy was an optimist.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law

Thanks

Hi Mcphena,

Im sorry you havent had or dont get a good night of sleep. My legs go numb or fall asleep at night sometimes. So I know how you feel, I would mention it to my doctor just to make sure it isnt something else Im sure your;re fine though, I hope this goes away soon. You definitely need your rest, my dear. Im sending you cyber hugs

Chriss
    Live, love, and most importantly be grateful!!

Thanks

I have weird places, that fall asleep too. The heels of my feet, my ankles, my ears, my nose, my lower lip and my knees, never mind my arms and fingers. I don't know, what it is, but it is very anoying.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Yes me too.......hello and welcome by the way. Yes i think allot of us have this.As members have said,mention it to your doctor,hes the best one to ask as he may be able to help you.

Love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

From a massage therapy perspective, what you describe sounds a lot like Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, which is unrelated to Lupus.

This disorder typically affects large-breasted women, or people who have tight pectoral/scalene/SCM muscles either from postural problems or poor workplace ergonmics.

Stretching the muscles in your chest, neck and shoulders (using a foam roller works great) seems to really help the symptoms.

People who sleep with their arms above their heads have a higher incidence of this.

HTH

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks CanadianMama,

how are you doing these days?
    Phyllis

share a smile today