Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody with feet problems?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

LOL, okay I won't bang my head, at least not for now.

I'm trying to get an appointment with a rheumy here in town, he's supposed to be very very good. He was partnered with my old rheumy of 20+ years before he retired. Now this guy has his own fibromyalgia clinic at a local hospital in town. I figured I would rather try my luck with this guy than to see someone I've already seen and had no luck with. I think this one should be the best of the bunch. Wish me luck.

I just feel, deep in my gut, that I do have lupus. I believe I have for half of my life. I want the diagnosis, to validate what I am experiencing, and also I need it so I can be treated and maybe have a better quality of life..... but I'm just so tired of chasing my tail. So if it doesn't happen this time, I'll hang it up. I just don't have the energy to keep seeking help that never comes... agghhh.

Thanks

This is going to sound too simple, but it is not.

I use Arnica Gel. It is a herb that reduces swelling, inflammation and bruising.

I rub it in every time I feel pain or discomfort. It works.

I was so debilitated from foot pain 2 years ago, before I was even tested for Lupus, I limped everywhere. Now, I just have mild discomfort when I first get up.

You can buy it at Walmart or most healthfood stores.

I am a Registered Massage Therapist and I use it on many many of my clients for chronic pain and inflammation.

It is gentle and effective.

Also, if you are more into pharmaceuticals (I am not), Voltaren has come out with a new topical anti-inflammatory gel. Talk to your doctor/pharmacist about it. It's available over the counter in Canada and I assume the US.

Thanks

Smile Is anyone the Same???

I am 32 and recently diagnosed with SLE,
    I have had pains all over for years, along with 11 misscarrages, my gall bladder ,appendix, part of my right kidney, submandibular gland and 5 nodes in my neck removed. As well as a full hysterectomy and many more surgeries I'd like to forget.
    I'm still coming to terms with why/how it took them so long to diagnosed me??

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Pjt

Sending you gentle hugs PJT.Im sorry for all the grief you have been through.I have'nt been diagnosed yet,but havent been through all what you have been through.I hope your diagnosis and answers and happier days come soon for you.Just keep posting we are here.

Love n hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Default info

The Voltaren Gel (which I have used) is Rx only in the US. It was just approved here by the FDA.

I will definately look for this arnica stuff - sounds interesting but I have never seen it here... will have to ask pharmacist.

PJT - I don't know either... I'm sorry sweetie...I've had a hysterectomy too, just a couple years ago at 35 - it was a terrible ordeal...so I understand. Hugs to you.

What great info to share!
    Jewelz

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jewelz,
    I have feet problems. At one point, it was so bad that I couldn't even get out of bed and started to see a chiropractor. She adjusts my feet and they feel wonderful for several days before they get achy. She also suggested to me that I start a stretch excersize with my foot that sounds foolishly simple, but does seem to help alleviate pain. All you need is a tennis ball. You run the tennis ball under your foot from toes to ball of foot and back while sitting down. it breaks up the knots of pain in my feet and stretches them out. She said that when the tennis ball gets too easy, you should switch to a golf ball.

PJT06 - I am sorry to hear about all the struggles you have gone through. I am 31, have been sick on and off for over 10 years and am still not formally diagnosed, although I am in the process of a sarcoidosis diagnosis. Just had some lymph nodes removed from my lungs via my neck this week, and I can not imagine having to do this several times. This is a great site. Although we can't answer the WHY it took so long question, we can all identify with parts of your experience and frustrations. There is a New Members Introduce Yourself section on this site. If you post there, you will find a lot of people coming along to meet you as well.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

One thing that helps me, I use a frozen can of orange juice and roll my feet, the ice helps with the swelling.
    Grace and Peace,
    Laura
    I have loved you with an everlasting Love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you"

Thanks

I have heard of Arnica but not in gel form. I will look for it. I have used the Voltaren Gel and honestly doesn't really work for me. Everyone is different though.

Angel,

What did your doc rx for the spasms? I get leg spasms that are so bad that I can't get out of bed either. One morning, I slid down the side of my bed, crawled out on my hands and knees to check on my 10 year old. lol. Whatever it takes . . .

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Unfortunately the only issue that I have been having is swelling of both ankles with more to the left foot. It hurts to walk. Hoping it is nothing too serious as my next appt. with the Rheumy is next week.

Hope you feel better soon.!!

Dassar RN
    Last edited by dassar RN; 08-17-2009 at 12:58 PM.

Thanks

Let us know what your rheumy says. I hope you get to feeling better soon as well.

Take care,

Faith