Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody with feet problems?

Thanks

Question Anybody with feet problems?

Hey All!

Wondering if any of you suffer with feet problems. Specifically achillies tendonitis, plantar faciitis, ball of foot pain and hammertoes. Also, does anyone here feel like the tops of their feet are breaking?

I have a difficult time walking - due to ALL the above

If you do suffer this - what do you do for it?

I've got custom orthodics and I basically have stopped going anywhere or doing anything cuz I can't walk.

Looking for help.
    Thanks,
    Jewelz

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

Oh im so sorry to hear about your foot problems. You need to see the Doctor he should be able to ease em with pills.
    My feet are sore.They swell but recently oh the cramps have been bad.If i turn in bed,my toes hurt so bad.Most of the time they are cold n sometimes go blue.Sometimes they are warm n sore.
    I asked the rheumi about it,he gave me meds to stop the cramps,so far so good.
    I could never let anyone touch my feet...oh maybe tickle them lol thats good...but touch em with pressure ..no!
    I hope your feet ease but do tell the doctor,you need help and soon.

Love
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry to hear about the issues with your feet. I use to have extreme pain/swelling in my feet/ankles and could barely walk as the pain was just too much or when I did walk I would just cry. Have you tried insoles in your shoes? Also, I would tell my doctor about this and perhaps they can/will adjust your medication.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I too have such bad cramps in my feet and bilaterial heel spurs and my toes and feet burn sometimes and cramp under the soul of my foot. Bonita

Thanks

Default oh, i've told them...

Believe me...I've told ALL my doctors about this for several years. Doe eyed blank look is all I get.

I have a new podiatrist who I've had for about a year now. Really like him - he understands my feet....

The worst thing is the achillies tendonitis right now. He's sending me to PT and then after starting that he's going to give me a cortisone injection in each foot - first one and then cast me for a month and then the other and cast me for a month on that one...great next 2 months in a cast..... anyway I start PT for it on Monday....

Hugs
    Jewelz

Thanks

I've been fighting foot issues for years...orthotics, splints, cortisone, finally had shockwave on both heels a year ago. It helped one foot, did little on the other. And insurance I have now won't cover it. (of course!)

Good luck with the casts - they usually do help, just kinda clunky for a while.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Jewelz.....your post could have been written by me! I've had plantar facsiitis & tendinitis for almost 5 years now...and it's BAD. I, too, can barely walk. I can only wear one pair of shoes, New Balance with a $40 New Balance insole inside. I started using a scooter a couple years ago for when hubby & I go shopping, or do anything where I have to be on my feet.

My toe joints feel like they are in flames right now. My metatarsal, ball of foot area & all through the sole and into the back of my heel all just scream, depending on my level of activity. Thus, I don't do much on my feet.

I just found out that tendinitis can be related to lupus, along with vasculitis. I think I have vasculitis going on on the tops of my toe joints where they are all swollen....I have these little brown dots (discoloration) scattered exactly right over where the pain is. I have showed this to two docs and both just shrug their shoulders, like, big deal. I know something is going on in there, and for there to be a manifestation of vasculitis showing up......it scares me a little bit. Especially when no one has actually labeled me with a diagnosis of lupus. I really believe I have it, and I'm going to set up an appointment with Dr. Yunus (rheumy) ASAP and see what he thinks. I have not yet seen him but I did see his partner for 25+ years until he retired, and even though all my bloodwork showed borderline lupus, he never gave me a diagnosis....for 25 years.

Anyway.......YES........I share the pain with you...it's agonizing. I will be anxious to hear how the cast works. Is it a walking cast? Or a cast where you have to use crutches? I have a walking cast that I could always try if it helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Good luck!

Thanks

Default done some reading...

Well I've done some reading about this achillies insertion tendonitis and it seems that cortisone in the achillies anything is not good.

I've decided to get another opinion about this from a foot/ankle ortho. I'll be calling tomorrow to make the appt.

I've been casted before without much success....

Porchy - sounds like petechia, google it and see what you think and if it fits you. I've had the SAME THING and the docs here do the SAME THING - they are all idiots! rheumys...

Hugs
    Jewelz

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jewelz.....Looks like petechia and vasculitis can go hand in hand. I'll add it to the list that I am making to talk to the doc.

I've showed this rash over my toe joints (along with the obvious swelling) to 3 docs......they just look at it like "DUH..." I swear to god, I feel like banging my head!

I have also heard that cortisone injections into the achilles is not good. Especially if it's tendinitis, the injection could cause more damage.

Thanks

Oh DOnt bang that BEAUTIFUL head of yours Jody!!!! You WILL get what YOU DESERVE from a GOOD DR!!! Just keep on hunting my friend!!! We are here with you to go on this rollercoaster ride!!!! XXXXXXX
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette